I am delighted to be representing a highly successful, fast growing and profitable international foodservice organisation who are rapidly expanding in the UK and are looking to appoint a Procurement Lead.
Initially a hands-on role, this individual will assume accountability for procurement across all Food & Drink categories with a spend of circa £30m. They are looking for a natural negotiator who understands best practice processes and enjoys the art of driving cost saving through supplier review and development.
With ambitious growth plans, this is an opportunity to join a business that believes in promotion from within wherever possible.
- Bachelor's degree educated in related field
- CIPS qualifications preferred
- Extensive procurement experience in a related field
- Experience in hospitality or food service sector a necessity
- Strong negotiation skills, track record demonstrating business cost savings consistently
- Experienced in drafting commercial terms for contracts working with legal team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, positive, and ambitious.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Hands on experience of working in an operationally multi-site environment
- Experience of working within a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn and develop your skill set within new categories
- Full Driving License
- Responsible for the procurement of products and goods for use in the business by identifying potential supplier sources, screening, running competitive gap analysis and negotiating favourable agreements. Fundamentally the role exists to drive down cost for the business.
- Act as key point of contact between customer and suppliers. Monitoring supplier performance and ensuring contractual obligations are met.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with existing suppliers and seek opportunities with new suppliers to enhance our business commercial position
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and suppliers. Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company.
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing.
- Manage and support day to day communications with our internal customers.
- Critical path management - ensuring products are available in a timely manner for both product launches and day to day business.
- Manage an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum production and optimum delivery into our third-party logistics partners.
- Business partnering with the following functions:
o Property Construction
o Product Development
- Complete administrative duties as required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the business which may not be part of your day-to-day role