My client is a reputable travel business looking for a PR and Communications lead to define and strengthen their brand proposition in the market. Even before 2020 this business were forward thinking and flexible with their working structure, and now as they move into a hugely lucrative market they require someone to think big and make an impact with their branding and external communications.
- Proactively source and react to external media opportunities, and be highly confident in responding to the latest news agenda to further brand awareness
- Sustain positive media relations with all target press contacts and publications
- Manage all press release creation and distribution, proactively sourcing the post powerful stories and news hooks
- Work closely with both the recruitment and corporate marketing teams to ensure PR activity aligns to company strategy
- Liaising with overseas management and media to raise the company's international profile
- Media monitor and regularly report on coverage achieved, defining what success looks like in strengthening the company's profile within its target audiences
- Support other areas of the business - this will include acting as a subject matter expert and advising stakeholders on brand reputation risk.
- Effectively set and manage multiple deadlines and priorities, and ensure projects are completed on time.
Skills and experience required;
- At least 5 years' experience in managing and delivering PR and external communications campaign activity
- A network of previous / existing contacts within trade, local, regional and broadcast media
- A proven track record in delivering results from PR and wider external communications activity
- Experience balancing multiple deadlines and working to tight timeframes to deliver successful campaigns, across PR and communications and as part of the wider marketing strategy
Now is the best time to be joining this already successful travel business - at the start of their huge growth trajectory now the world is opening up again! Flexible working, great Manchester offices (with a hybrid working model), great culture, and an opportunity to lead on PR and Communications. If you want hear more about the business, apply now.