About the job
Location - Remote with an office in central Manchester (must be UK based for monthly meetings)
Salary - to 50k
About the business
This business is an ambitious and growing SaaS company based in the centre of Manchester.
They've developed an exciting new technology platform, which uses game theory and predictive modelling. Having recently been acquired, they're investing heavily in their technology and team and are looking to expand their technical capabilities by bringing on board a specialist Front End developer.
Their software engineers initially built and maintained their front end (both client-facing and back-end tools) during the system's development and beyond, but as part of their scaleup and growth, they now need to bring in people with specific Front end capabilities to take ownership and further develop the product.
They are looking for someone who can propose new solutions that will make a difference. They encourage new exciting ideas and thrive on collaboration. As a small team, they believe that every individual can make a tangible difference to everything they do; from their tech stack to their working practices.
You will be working on the client-facing interface, and back-end tooling of their SaaS-platform built in Vue.js and Laravel. The interface is primarily an analytics dashboard and is used by clients to understand how their online marketing budgets are best optimised.
Your primary role will consist of working with Vue.js to:
- Develop the user-facing aspect
- Build modular and reusable components and libraries
- Optimise the application for performance
- Fix bugs
You will also play a large part in the planning of future features as the data and insight that is often provided to clients is complicated and needs articulating in ways that are easy to understand. You will also have the opportunity to feed into the design process and shape the way the product works.
What you will bring to the team
- You have a passion for technology and creative approach to problem solving.
- The proactively to look forward, identify potential challenges and attempt to get ahead of them before they become issues.
- A team player with strong communication skills, able to work with a wider team to both collaborate and inform.
- Flexible working - work wherever you have an internet connection.
- A relaxed and informal working environment (complete with pool table & game console). Kitchen stocked with drinks and fruit, lunch on a Monday, beer o'clock on a Friday (when in the office)
- Subscriptions and/or attendance at industry events to further your learning and development.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Social activities, examples include indoor rock climbing, pumpkin carving and valentine biscuit decorating competitions.
- Private health insurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- 5 weeks holiday a year plus bank holidays.
For an informal chat with the businesses CTO feel free to apply in confidence with your CV