Better Placed are excited to be working with a truly global beverage manufacturer.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help maintain production of some of the most iconic drinks brands in the UK.
Based out of their sight in Gloucestershire, this is an opportunity to have an instant impact and be recognised swiftly for all improvements and changes that are made.
With unrivalled opportunities for progression and advancement and the benefit of working within a very forward thinking environment the successful candidate will create and manage a world-class engineering team through effective management and delivery of the planned maintenance strategy.
How you'll add value...
- Ensure a proactive safe working environment through behavioural safety and reviewing the workplace environment using the Gemba supported by IOSSH qualification.
- Ensure a proactive approach to Product Safety and Product Quality leading performance improvement and accountability throughout the team.
- Lead, motivate and coordinate engineering team with management of absence, time & attendance, ensuring that the lines are resourced accordingly.
- Develop team through training, employee development activities and mentorship. Lead the application of the Personal Development Plan process (PDP), whilst ensuring visibility of department succession planning through training, education and recruitment.
- Drive the engineering team culture to a proactive and predictable way of working in engineering with ambitions to be best in class.
- Drive change and respond proactively to changing technologies ensuring continuous improvement and innovation.
- Align short term tactical activity to longer term strategy.
- Lead the definition and implementation of a predictive maintenance strategy by using current best maintenance practices.
- Support autonomous maintenance-type activities within manufacturing through Operators and Technical Operators.
- Define the critical assets and assess the critical spare parts listings for the equipment, whilst ensuring obsolesce programmes for spare parts are in place.
- Initiate and lead engineering cost reduction through the management of effective spend (R&M, Inventory Overtime, Capital).
- Lead the safe delivery of the planned shutdowns or overhauls on time and within budget, adhering to effective contactor management processes.
- Lead the improvement of line performance, waste reduction and life cycle replacement working closely with other key engineering functions, line support engineers & projects team.
You might be the right fit if...
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical and/or Electrical), or equivalent, with progressive manufacturing supervisory and management experience
- Experienced in Planned Preventative Maintenance with deployment of AM & PM pillars within a TPM environment
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and to tight deadlines
- Statutory engineering requirements and compliance awareness
- Experience in improvement techniques
- Procurement and Supplier management/Contracts management
- Application of TPM principles
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and with authority across all levels of the Supply Chain
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to ensure provision of team engineering activities
- Ensuring excellent customer service for key stakeholders
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of process control systems
- Basic computer skills