Would you like to work for a global business that truly values its employees and offers a forward thinking approach to marketing, sales and product ? If so, I'm currently working in exclusive partnership with a fantastic consumer goods organisation based in Doncaster who are seeking a Channel Development Specialist/Manager to join the team.
Head offices in Doncaster - hybrid working (3 days in the office, 2 days working from home) - So you must be a commutable distance and living around the South Yorkshire area to be considered for this opportunity.
The European Channel Development Specialist (or CDS) is responsible for developing business within the Furniture and IT channel for both current and new products / categories, within the Workplace Health Division, on behalf of the European business, to achieve budgeted shipment and goals, in support of the company's vision and strategy.
- Responsible for defining and driving the channel objectives, strategy, and priorities with full end to end ownership, throughout the region
- Prepare key product/range presentations and launch documents including relevant launch content such as competitive matrixes, range propositions and positioning, headline GTM strategy and USPs with support from Product Manager and Marketing Assistant.
- Develop and provide category expertise within the channel. Monitor competitive and market activity. Stay abreast of trends which will influence product assortment and channel initiatives such as technology, workplace, digital etc.
- Develop areas such as pricing, channel product strategy, customer prioritisation, marketing, promotional and sales incentive initiatives relevant to the channel and customers.
- Work closely with the Marketing Assistant / Product Manager / Country Teams / Trade Marketing Managers to develop and deliver product/range/channel related materials needed for the sales organisation and customer requirements.
- Proven work experience in category / business development, ideally in the Contract Furniture/ Office Supplies/Stationary and / or IT channel.
- Proven ability to develop category / channel strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- You'll be a self-starter, comfortable working within a pressured environment.
- Languages would be desirable but not essential.
Job holder should be prepared to travel frequently within UK and Europe to Head Offices to execute the work agenda. This could involve regular overnight stay