User Experience & Optimisation Manager
Leeds (remote options available, UK based)
Working in a retail team responsible for over £700 million pounds of business, as their dedicated UX and Optimisation Manager is what's on offer in this creative meets technical role.
The company are a leader in their financial services niche with a reputation for leading the way in digital insurance. They are looking for someone who on the one hand wants to lead the UX strategy across their broker and eCommerce portfolio whilst also perfecting the optimisation on the other. You'll have a keen eye for the technical side of CMS platforms, optimisation and user testing and be the go to person for improving user journeys.
There are 3 primary pillars to this role:
You will own the development and execution of testing (A/B etc.) and optimisation to drive commercial and experiential improvements through the e-commerce funnels and other digital utilities (e.g. customer portals).
2). User Experience Design
You will lead on the development of new, or improvement of existing, digital user experiences ensuring the best outcomes for customers and other users of the websites.
Initiatives that you will have a key role in range from the redesigning of a website component, through to strategic initiatives and overall UK UX strategy.
3). Subject Matter Expertise
As the UK business prioritises digital methods of distribution, you will be asked to provide support, guidance and advice to colleagues across the business in how best to deliver outstanding experiences through the application of UX methodologies and best practice.
What you'll be doing
- You will primarily be focused on the company's direct business and websites (direct to consumer online sales and services to small business and home insurance consumers).
- Develop, manage and execute a testing plan designed to improve conversion improvements throughout the online e-commerce new business funnels, leveraging capabilities of the company's CRO agency team
- Take the lead in the development of new, and enhancement of existing, user experiences on the UK website, with specific focus on best practise
- Work with the SEO Manager to ensure website developments support achievement of SEO targets
- Work alongside the Head of Acquisition Marketing in the development and delivery of the UX strategy
- Liaise with and influence key stakeholders (Leadership team, Marketing, Underwriting, Operations, IT)
- Own and manage the relationship and budget with CRO agency partner(s) and support development and management of annual website change budget
- Experience with transactional websites; some Financial Services experience a benefit
- Expert knowledge of user centred design methodologies (IA, wire framing, prototyping, user testing)
- Expert knowledge of A/B and MVT testing
- Hands-on expertise of Web Content Management systems,
- Expert knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience with an agile process of deployment across multiple development environments
- Experience of working with multiple key stakeholders, including senior management, digital agencies and other online team members
- Experience managing external agencies to deliver user experience strategies. The ability to be hands on with these things when needed.
- Ability to develop business cases and ROI proposals to cost justify change
- Competitive salary
- Plenty of training and scope for progression
- Up to 22.5% bonus
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Pension up to 15%
If you're an experienced UX Designer/ Optimisation Manager looking to work for a global business where you can implement ideas and take responsibility for UX and optimisation strategy then get in touch with a copy of your CV.