UI/ UX Designer
Manchester (2 days per week in office)
£40,000 - £45,000
Who we are
We are a student accommodation marketplace and SaaS solution built with Gen Z in mind. We aim to empower students and young people with a fast, smooth and secure booking experience through our platform.
Each year $180 billion is spent in the student housing industry. Our marketplace and booking solution can bring much-needed speed, ease and transparency to the industry.
The role/ responsibilities
- Optimising UX across our marketplace and various products to enhance overall usability and satisfaction.
- Developing and implementing innovative design solutions that align with brand guidelines and contribute to a cohesive UI.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather and understanding user requirements, ensuring design solutions meet both user needs and business objectives.
- Creating compelling marketing and branding assets to support promotional campaigns and maintain a consistent brand image.
- Supporting the creation of graphic design elements for proposals, documentation, and other business-related materials.
- Conducting user research and usability testing to gather insights and refine designs based on user feedback.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in an agile environment, adapting to evolving project requirements and contributing to a collaborative and innovative work culture.
Our Mission, Vision and Purpose
- Our mission is to disrupt the students' accommodation market. It takes an average of 4 weeks to reserve student accommodation. We want to reduce this time to minutes.
- Our vision is to be the booking.com but for students. We want to become the leading accommodation brand for every student.
- Our purpose is to build state of the art platform that seamlessly integrates with all of the world's purpose-built student accommodation providers.
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working in a very modern office (2 days in office)
- 26 days holiday + birthday off
- Your choice of equipment
- Pension Scheme
- Learning/ Development - dedicated time and access to industry-leading resources to help you to upskill.
If you like the idea of working at a fast-paced, growing start-up, this could be the role for you.
Better Placed Tech are working as exclusive recruitment partners for Housemates - reach out to email@example.com or apply with an up to date copy of your CV to be considered.
*must be based in Manchester, not able to offer Visa sponsorship*