Service Desk Analyst
Hybrid - Manchester
My client is a top 100 law claimant firm based out of Manchester and are looking to grow out their IT team. The role will be responsible for supporting a large base of UK-wide users.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 18 months experience in a similar position, have a good all-round knowledge of IT software, hardware and be able to communicate with a wide range of users at all levels.
You will be required to use your initiative, research, and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and create written knowledgebase articles where required. The position requires a good grounding in IT systems and requires the ability to adapt to new technologies, learn procedures, determine the root-cause of issues, and come up with strategic solutions.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide end-user IT assistance on all core desktop applications and technologies.
- Provide support and feedback to the IT Trainers, Service Desk Team Leader, Head of IT Operations.
- Although predominantly a 1st and 2nd line support role, as well as being the 'person on the ground', you may also be required for the occasional 3rd line issue.
- Ensure weekly IT checklists are conducted and findings recorded and reported.
- Assist with transformational projects using Microsoft Azure and M365 platforms.
- Set up and maintain user accounts.
- Set up and maintain all laptops, printers, scanners, and meeting room equipment.
- Participate in any IT projects, contributing technical input and participating when required as a full-time project team member, or as a project leader according to the needs of the project.
- Ensure all IT facilities are well maintained.
Communication & Organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise tickets and balance this with project work.
- A high level of organisational skills to effectively manage issues in an office where urgent issues can escalate quickly and the ability to take an overview of all tickets prioritising the most important issues and update those outstanding.
- Demonstrable awareness of client confidentiality, information security and data protection.
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent.
- Genuine interest to work with a leading claimant law firm and passionate about providing access to justice to all.
- Minimum 18 months experience in a similar role.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft solutions, including - but not limited to - Active Directory, Exchange Online Mailbox administration, Microsoft 365 applications and technologies and NTFS share permissions.
- A good understanding of supporting users within Citrix environments.
- Familiarity with the following hardware and software technologies or platforms:
- Windows 10/11
- Strong Microsoft Stack- Office 365, InTune, Exchange Online, Teams
- Active Directory/Azure Active Directory
- Dell Laptops
- Windows Defender
- MS Surface Hubs
- Networking- basic understanding of LAN/WAN, DHCP/DNS
- Knowledge of Mac OSX desktop would be beneficial.
- AV solutions, including Crestron
- Cisco switches
- BigHand Digital Dictation
- Relevant experience in the legal sector / professional services is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience of Document Management Systems an advantage