Senior PHP Developer (R&D)
Manchester City Centre (WFH, 2 days a month in the office)
I'm working with a Manchester based agency that specialises in delivering eCommerce solutions for well-known brands across the UK. Ecommerce is going through a golden age and they are looking to expand their team with two Senior PHP Developers.
They have a huge variety of greenfield projects coming up in an agile, best practice environment with an emphasis on culture and high standards. This Senior PHP developer will sit on the R&D team working on the company's own 'Integration Platform System as a Service'' software with the latest PHP and cloud technology.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Helping to deliver a range of projects that will improve the company's bespoke integration platform software
- Working with the team to bring and implement ideas across the platform
- Maintaining the highest coding standards and agile practices
- Mentoring juniors and helping to develop their careers
- Finding the best technical solutions to complex problems
Skills and Experience:
- Experience delivering full lifecycle PHP projects
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony
- Experience of AWS - S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Cloudwatch and knowledge of software engineering patterns
Nice to have:
- Technical understanding of automation testing
- Experience with Asynchronous event driven architectures and functional programming
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Private Healthcare
- Personal progression plans
- Extensive list of social events
This role would suit an established senior or a mid-level PHP developer with a keen eye for the engineering side of development. The culture and scope of projects are second to none so, If you're a back-end PHP developer looking to take your career to the next level please apply with a latest copy of your CV.