Our client is one of the UKs most successful and best loved high street retailers. An iconic brand, with a reputation for quality, sustainability, and exceptional customer experience.
As they continue to move through the next phase of their transformation project, they are building out key strategic hires within the business and are looking for a Retail Marketing Manager.
The key focus of this role is to take ownership over the design and execution of the 'Go to Market' plans for the retail stores, including macro and micro plans. Working closely with Buying & Merchandising, Brand & Campaign, and Retail & Commercial, as well as 3rd party agency.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage the execution of the Retail Marketing strategy, including planning the seasonal campaign calendar and activity. Retail space, New Store Layouts, POS, Windows, Gondola ends, on shelf etc.
- Optimise the above to secure the best in class customer experience as well as increasing sales performance.
- Ensure the successful execution of the micro space layout plans by being 'hands on' with the retail space planning, as well as creating and signing off the onward communication material for retail stores.
- Utilise brand direction to create or refresh store designs, including any new concepts within the store footprint.
- Responsible for coordinating, communicating and operationalising both 'local marketing' and the retail 'demo plan' - ensuring both coordinate with campaign, category and product 'go to market' plans for the retail channel
- Overseeing the briefing process and campaign delivery (via 3rd party agency. Internal teams)
- Own the Retail Marketing budget, circa £350k
Previous skills/ experiences needed:
- Significant experience of retail space design, visual merchandising or retail marketing.
- Proven experience in developing and articulating a strategic plan for a retail space & marketing team, as well as clearly translating it into an executable operational roadmap.
- Experienced in leading and managing a team to deliver against the plan created.
- 3rd party relationship management experience, ideally with creative agencies. Also, previous relationships with Buying and Merchandising and Brand & Campaign teams.
- Demonstrated operational excellence of delivering retail POS and windows.
- Previous experience in macro and micro space planning.
- Commercially astute with the ability to analyse large data sets to inform commercial layout choices
- Creative but hands on and practical, with the ability to judge which creative decisions are likely to add value and boost customer engagement and commercial response