Product Manager - Innovation
Better Placed are excited to be helping Lansinoh recruit a newly created role within their Product and Innovation team!
- Are you an experienced Marketeer or Product or Innovation Manager?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment?
- If so, this could be the role you've been looking for…
You will be responsible for clearly articulating the voice of our consumers to our NPD team. You will drive the strategic competitiveness, positioning, and management of the Lansinoh breastfeeding portfolio and inform the strategic direction and programs that define current and new portfolios to drive revenue growth, profitability, and innovation.
Your primary responsibility is to facilitate the front-end innovation process, leading insight collection, analysis & business case development. Key to being successful in this function will be collaborating closely with NPD and regional Sales & Marketing stakeholders through concept generation and testing, commercial and category analysis and entry planning.
- You will have global responsibility for Lansinoh's breastfeeding portfolio; including the development of business cases and decisions related to target costs, margins, volumes, price ranges that drive market performance that results in strong commercial results in all relevant business units and geographies
- You will develop a deep and meaningful understanding of our consumer needs, keep up to speed on market trends and translate them into a clearly defined and appropriately prioritized insights
- You will clearly communicate consumer needs and product plans to a variety of stakeholders… i.e., "sell the strategic vision" and champion the consumer's corner
- You will support our sales and marketing colleagues to develop "go-to-market" strategies, tactics and plans that deliver commercially strong business cases and partner with the appropriate functions to design for and enable profitable growth
- You will ensure our breastfeeding portfolio aligns with global and local strategic / financial objectives
- You will work with a variety of different stakeholders (both internal and external), be respectful of regional market and cultural differences and seamlessly balance needs by hearing and being heard to maintain a robust pipeline of improvement ideas to progress Lansinoh's relative competitive performance
- 4+ years' experience in an international product management or product marketing role; preferably in mother & baby, consumer healthcare or medical product industry
- Demonstrable experience in qualitative and quantitative consumer research
- Experience developing product or market strategies, tactics and plans to maximize differentiation, viable value propositions and expected return on investment while balancing opportunities and risks
- Proven success in product and service portfolio market understanding, strategies, ideation-to-launch demand and revenue generation, market appropriate gross margins and balanced project management performance
- Interacting with customers across major global markets; including, US, Europe, China, and Latin America
- Intermediate and advanced level communication skills - verbal, written and interpersonal
- Self-confidence and ability to facilitate / drive decisions in cross-cultural situations
- Proven writing and business case development skills. Present numerical and technical information effectively; Demonstrates intermediate- and advanced-level Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word skills
- Ability to articulate ideas, issues, resolutions clearly in one-on-one and group dialogue
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- A good problem solver with a positive, can-do attitude and lots of flexibility