PR and Communications Manager - Hybrid working (1 day a week in the office) - Reading
This is a newly created role for a disruptive healthcare business - they are looking for bright and ambitious PR and Communications to secure local, regional and national media coverage for stories that drive forward business strategic objectives.
Reporting into the Head of Communications, you will be a confident story teller with great relationship building skills. You'll be working with different healthcare centres and hospitals, uncovering the best stories and relaying them to local press. You'll work closely with other members of the communications team, and wider marketing team, to maximise all opportunities to raise awareness.
If you're an ambitious PR professional looking for a new career challenge then this is an opportunity to take real ownership of media coverage for the business, and have an impact on product awareness and progressive company growth.
- Gain media coverage by liaising with key stakeholders across business sites in the UK to identify and create opportunities for editorial coverage in print, broadcast and online media.
- Develop and maintain a contact list of key expert spokespeople from each site to put forward for media opportunities
- Build a bank of testimonial stories for use across PR and owned channels, interviewing 'case studies' about their healthcare experiences
- Content management across photography and videography
- Pitching stories to local media and building journalist relationships
- Write press releases, media pitches, social media posts and relevant copy
- Co-ordinate and write entries to industry awards and pitch any wins to relevant media outlets to increase brand awareness and support recruitment objectives
- Work with the wider marketing and sales team to plan content in advance, for example around seasonal campaigns, or using new data insights to create a story
- Support the Head of Communications on crisis comms and reactive PR
Skills and experience required;
- 3-4 years in a PR role, either agency or inhouse
- Excellent copywriting ability, with a desire to chase a story and see it through to publication
- A tenacious and confident nature, relishing in the excitement of gaining press coverage
- A little black book of media relations, with an appetite to grow and develop your contact base
- A thoughtful communicator, as you'll be working in the healthcare space there may be some sensitive content you'll have to handle with tact
- A team collaborator, with excellent stakeholder engagement skills and proof you can work cross functionally effectively
- A degree in PR/Marketing/Media or similar industry
If you're established in the world of PR and looking for your next challenge, then apply now for more information.