Mid-level PHP Developer
Hybrid (once or twice a month in the office)
I'm looking for a mid-level PHP developer to work for a multi-billion-dollar US business with a growing team, just outside of Manchester. There are a number of key projects to get started with as part of a large-scale digital transformation piece.
As a mid-level PHP developer, you'll work as part of a small UK based development team (currently 6) ready to get stuck into a rebuild of their backend architecture in Laravel.
Summary of the role
This role is responsible for the backend development activity across the industry leading brand portfolio. We're looking for someone who wants to join an innovative development team, ready to build on best practice. The right developer will be able to identify opportunities to further improve the backend which is currently being overhauled and redeveloped in Laravel.
With a number of major projects planned for 2021-22, this role is an opportunity to be part of a passionate development team with the opportunity to influence the development roadmap with your ideas.
Role and Responsibilities
· Co-ordinate web projects, managing the workflow and delivery of tasks and projects within the web development team.
· Plan, develop and test new features and functionalities.
· Mentor and develop junior members within the web development team when required
· Work with other departments within the business to understand their needs from a systems and web based perspective.
Skills and Experience
· PHP, MySQL, Any MVC framework but Laravel preferred
· Experience working with external API integrations
· Experience with responsive web, browser compatibility and usability
· An organised approach to work is crucial and a desire to take responsibility and implement ideas
· Google Cloud Platform experience
· Linux server maintenance
The business was listed in the Sunday Times top employers list last year and prides itself on providing a great work life balance. Some of the team are fully remote and others do a mix of office / remote work, the choice is yours.
If you're a mid-level PHP developer or a junior with some Laravel under their belt and looking to step up to the next level, please apply with a latest copy of your CV