Better Placed are excited to be helping Lansinoh recruit into their Product Innovation team!
Lansinoh, a global leader of breastfeeding and maternal health products are now recruiting for an New Product Development Manager to join a vibrant and dynamic innovation team.
Lansinoh have over 35 years experience in helping mums to breastfeed for longer & have a portfolio of market leading products available in most leading high street, grocery, baby specialist & independent stores nationwide. Lansinoh also have a fantastic range of maternal health products to support birth preparation and recovery.
If you are looking to work for an innovative business with a fantastic culture this could be the role for you.
Technical management of key New Product Development project activities, to ensure the delivery of new product launches within the Lansinoh portfolio, under the direction of the NPD lead.
Own & lead key aspects relating to the development of new products from initial concept to market launch, with the following key areas of responsibility;
- Manage the delivery of a range of cosmetic products currently under development, ensuring documentation and deliverables are in place to allow global launch
- Develop, manage and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Graphic Design & Packaging) to achieve project critical goals
- Coordinate and liaise with 3rd party suppliers/manufacturers/test houses as required to develop, test, approve, and launch new product(s) into the market
- Serve as a project manager, report progress, and deliver key project activities in accordance with agreed timelines and budget
- Attend company meetings, with occasional international travel as required
This maternity cover role will take the lead on several in-progress projects which have entered the delivery stage of the NPD pipeline. The successful applicant will own key aspects of the development process for several products simultaneously in the maternal health product categories, including completion of regulatory and claims support testing, management of aspects of the packaging design and artwork process, and launch support activities.
New Product Launches:
To work with the Product Management, NPD team and Marketing team to transition the new products under development to the launch stage, successfully progressing through the companies stage gate process and provide technical support for the products post-launch.
Evaluation and Review:
To evaluate the outcome of each NPD project and review the results against current market status leading to recommendations for continuous improvement.
Managing the Customer Interface:
To present the results of the NPD process in co-operation with Sales & Marketing in a credible and authoratitive way which achieves the project objectives, enhances customer relationships, and supports the credibility of the new product range as a valued product opportunity.
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to work independently
- Research & Insight
- Data analysis & presentation
- Improvement Focus
- Critical evaluation
- Teamwork & collaboration
- BSc degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years experience in R&D or product development experience (FMCG, Healthcare, or Medical Devices)
- Organised with good project management skills
- Strong analytical skills to drive data driven decisions
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible & Entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work independently once given appropriate direction
Preferred but not Required
- Degree in Materials Science/ Biochemistry / Biological Sciences / or equivalent
- Experience writing technical documents
- Working knowledge of design control/product development within a regulated environment
Desired Personal Attributes
- Sets a high standard for performance. Pursues goals with purpose and a sense of urgency
- Creates an inclusive and creative environment
- Persists despite set-backs and works to gain acceptance for ideas
- Rallies behind the vision and exhibits optimism
- Adapts to changes easily, managing competing demands, able to respond and work through changes, delays or unexpected events
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate in less structured environments
- Passion to take initiative and drive change
- Strong communicator who can express self clearly and persuasively while also listening to others and incorporating their thinking into end work product
- Globally oriented, communicating effectively in an environment where most of the work involves colleagues and partners in other countries