A charity that works with institutions across the world to improve higher education for staff, students and society is looking for a Programmes & Events Marketing Manager to join their team for a 12 month fixed-term contract. Working as part of a dynamic and forward-thinking marketing and communications team, this role will provide the successful applicant the opportunity to manage multi-channel programme and event campaigns. The Programmes & Events Marketing Manager will have three direct reports.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan and deliver the Programmes and Events (UK and International) marketing plan through the effective use and management of resources to budget to drive leads, online sales, opportunities and engagement to meet income targets.
- To manage the planning of major multi-channel, global marketing campaigns on a 12-month planning horizon to drive awareness and leads for Programme and Events, segmented by audience to maximise impact.
- To identify innovative and engaging ways of surfacing the business's services, mission and work to relevant audiences, in support of Programmes and Events.
- To adhere to quality standards and expectations for ensuring high quality, outcome focused cost-effective development and delivery of the Programmes and Events campaign strategy and plans.
- To lead the conceptualisation, planning, production and creative overview of printed and digital collateral (brochures, flyers, adverts etc.) to support the needs of Programmes and Events activity.
- To manage the work of design and digital agencies to produce the collateral, ensuring projects work to plan, are signed-off by internal stakeholders and hit deadlines, whilst remaining in budget.
- To organise print and production of the business's collateral, ensuring quality and cost efficiency, being a trusted advisor within this respect across the marketing team.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of marketing and digital techniques and strong marketing skills.
- Proven experience of working with marketing agencies and designers.
- Knowledge of print and production, with a strong eye for detail.
- Good attention to detail and proof reading skills.
- Effective supervision and delegation skills.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging diverse audiences
- Experience of managing a team/people or demonstrable experience of having the aptitude to manage a team/people.
- Experience of social media.
- Experience of managing budgets (of up to £250k).
- Experience of managing or demonstrable experience demonstrating the aptitude of implementing change management projects including culture change.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of marketing.
Personal qualities and attributes
- A collaborative and supporting personal style, helping to motivate and enthuse colleagues in meeting high standards and delivering client-focused outcomes.
- Ability and willingness to provide constructive challenge.
- A passion for higher education and its pivotal societal role and a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- A demonstrable commitment to high quality customer service provision and delivery to meet customer needs.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to adapt style to suit audience.
- A high degree of emotional and cultural intelligence, diplomacy and political skills.
- Salary £38,485 per annum
- A generous pension with USS
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- 31 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Cycle to work loans
- Paid volunteering day