A charity that works with institutions across the world to improve higher education for staff, students and society is looking for a marketing manager to join their team for a 12 month fixed-term contract. Working as part of a dynamic and forward-thinking marketing and communications team, this role will provide the successful applicant the opportunity to manage multi-channel marketing campaigns.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will work with the Head to ensure the creation and successful delivery of the marketing strategy and plans in support of the membership offering. This will include overall planning of campaigns, marketing collateral, utilising resources effectively and efficiently whilst actively promoting the values and culture of the organisation. This role also is the brand champion internally and with external stakeholders to ensure the brand's consistency.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To plan and deliver marketing strategy and plans through the effective use and management of resources including staying with budgetary restraints to support the needs of the organisation.
- To lead the planning of major multi-channel, global marketing campaigns on a 12-month planning horizon to drive awareness, engagement and leads for membership and its services and benefits.
- To lead the support and promotion of membership services including membership renewal activity through the development and delivery of integrated campaigns, adhering to budget.
- To work as part of a strategic cross-functional team that leads on the development and delivery of all membership benefit activity, working to define the nature and delivery of member benefits and ensuring that they are aligned to customer need and provide customer value.
- To lead on the promotion of brand management across all areas of the organisation, working with external stakeholders and partners to ensure consistency of the brand across all its markets
- To manage the development and positioning of new resources and publications, working in partnership with resource owners, the Communications team and with the line management support of the Senior Content and Publications Executive
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and strong marketing skills.
- Brand expertise and understanding of the intersection
- Knowledge of print and production, with a strong eye for detail.
- Good attention to detail and proof-reading skills.
- Understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Minimum 7 years' experience of marketing.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of managing budgets (of up to £250k).
- Experience of managing or demonstrating the aptitude of implementing change management projects including culture change.
- Proven experience of managing marketing agencies, designers and other suppliers.
- A marketing degree or equivalent.
Personal qualities and attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing for a range of audiences
- A collaborative and supporting personal style, helping to motivate and enthuse colleagues in meeting high standards and delivering client-focused outcomes.
- Ability and willingness to provide constructive challenge.
- A passion for higher education and its pivotal societal role and a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- A demonstrable commitment to high quality customer service provision and delivery to meet customer needs.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to adapt style to suit audience.
- A high degree of emotional and cultural intelligence, diplomacy and political skills.
- Excellent professional public speaking and presenting skills.