Marketing & Communications Officer
This is an exciting and diverse role working with a cooperative of small businesses in the Manchester and Wigan area. This is a fully remote, full-time role and would ideally suit an individual with 2-4 years' experience working in a Marketing and Communications team.
The successful applicant will have a solid understanding of marketing and communications, especially digital channels, and will be very confident on the telephone, liaising with clients, stakeholders, corporate and event partners and supporting agencies.
This role supports several small businesses, ranging from leisure and travel to childcare. The successful applicant will have strong transferable skills and will be able to adapt the tone and style of communications to different audiences with ease.
It is important that applicants for this role are comfortable in a remote position, working with significant autonomy to manage their workload and ensure on-time delivery of tasks.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Creating effective social communications, social listening, and monitoring accounts on social channels for a range of businesses.
- Creating, editing, and proofreading copy for a range of businesses, suitable for social media, email marketing, print marketing and corporate communications.
- Creating newsletters and email communications using the Mailchimp email marketing system, including managing contacts, and segmenting audiences to target emails.
- Developing new audiences across online B2B and B2C spaces to extend the reach of key messages.
- Liaising with team members, agencies, partners, and a broad range of contributors
- Understanding and adhering to, General Data Protection Regulations in the delivery
of marketing activity, storage and retention of data, and transparency of marketing processes.
- Creating content using graphic tools and resources
- Coordinating with sales and marketing teams at event venues and charity and corporate partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong knowledge of Social Media platforms and tools, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experience with email marketing systems. Ideally, Mailchimp.
- Excellent organisation and workload management skills
Additional desirable, but not essential, skills include knowledge/experience of Wordpress and graphic tools such as Canva.