Better Placed are pleased to be working exclusively with Asahi UK and they are looking for a Load Planner to join their team at their Griffin Brewery!
Asahi UK aims to enrich consumer experience through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller's London Pride and Cornish Orchards.
Asahi UK was formed to bring together the Production, Supply Chain and Distribution elements of its operations to the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery, Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchard Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area's covered by Asahi UK.
As the Load Planner, you will be reporting into the Transport Manager. You will be responsible for the day-to-day load planning coordinating daily loads for all mode of transportation. Reviewing and making recommendations for improvements. Working on optimisation, ensuring each routing is achieving maximum efficient aiding the company to keep costs to the minimum and resolve any dispatch or delivery time issues with customers and to present an achievable sequenced route to each driver.
- Routing Module - Adjust the available settings in line with company requirements to enable the optimum use of the resources available whilst maintaining customer expectations and the well being of the drivers.
- Efficient Routing - To provide the best use of vehicles and people for the daily requirement. Concentrating on achieving delivery targets whilst minimising hours worked and distance travelled.
- Delivery Instructions - Customer details, delivery windows. Adhoc details are always current.
- New Accounts - Ensure that all the relevant information is obtained to minimise risk for the first delivery.
- Site Assessments - Are issued with first delivery and reassessed if the delivery point changes and raises and unsafe working act, these should be encouraged at Debrief. Any high-risk sites must be assessed by a Health & Safety Champion.
- Communication - Working with the Senior Load Planner, conduct regular meetings engage into 2-way communication and using this time to resolve concerns and re-educate processes and policies.
- Debrief - Resolve issues raised at debrief and ensure the entire team are processed and all information has been obtained.
- Investigations - To assist in accident and behavioural investigations working with Health & Safety and Human Resources.
- Absence Procedure - Assisting with the Return to Works and first stage disciplinaries.
- Infringements & Drivers one to ones - Assisting with the driver's infringements and one to ones, capturing this on the FTA Vision portal allowing good visibility for Audits.
- Previous planning experience within a transport and logistics remit
- Paragon and SAP knowledge and previous experience would be ideal
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Computer Literate
If this sounds like something that you are interested in, please apply now!