Lead Java Engineer - Platform
Remote First - 1 / 2 days per month in Manchester (ideally)
£80,000 - 95,0000 + 10% bonus + Stock options
Are you passionate about designing and building secure, scaled, distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance?
Do you think ensuring availability, processing, and enforcement of dynamic data privacy policies for 100 billion data points every day with 1000 servers owned by different organisations in a distributed environment is an interesting challenge?
Are you ready to make your global footprint joining a world-class, highly cooperative engineering team?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, my client would love to speak to you.
About The Business
Blockchain or Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is rapidly changing the way we think about and conduct business. Key advantages such as decentralisation, transparency, and security offer tremendous potential for optimising the interactions between market players in different industries, including digital advertising.
Better Placed Tech has exclusively partnered with a UK limited company with a US subsidiary, that has been developing a DLT platform to address the lack of trust and transparency in digital advertising. The platform harmonises, matches and records data in an immutable ledger across the supply chain of advertisers in near real time, delivering a unified record for each single advert as the "Share Truth". The current 700+ global community trust includes some of the worlds largest and most influential brands, agencies and tech providers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
As well as working on a truly innovative product the business see's this as a key hire in its UK hub (In Manchester) meaning you'll benefit from generous stock options and remote first working alongside an incredibly gifted global team. A quick look at the leadership team and the calibre of businesses they've worked in senior positions at previously gives an indication of the direction the business is hoping to go over the next few years.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Experienced and supportive team members
- Fast track career development with a forward-thinking company
- Development of advanced high-impact technology
The business is looking for an experienced and talented individual, reporting directly to the CTO, to join its platform software engineering team as part of the launch of its new technology hub in the Manchester.
The existing platform team conducts research and develops all core platform protocols and software components, including implementation of patent pending architecture to support ultra-high transactional output, granular privacy management, fault-tolerance, and optimised infrastructure for the DLT network. The platform is using R3 Corda software, AWS cloud services and Java / Kotlin as primary programming languages.
The Lead Software Engineer position combines technical leadership, architectural design and hands-on development to contribute to the businesses success through expertise in large-scale secure distributed systems. In your role you will need to leverage existing systems to design and create the next generation service architecture. As a candidate you need to have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing, cryptography, high availability, software development process and best practices.
Your ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will be an important part of the consideration process.
- Research and design system components for a next-generation service oriented, ultra-high frequency DLT platform based on R3 Corda
- Ensure compliance with availability, security, and performance requirements
- Maintain high standards of quality and performance, including code review process, documentation, quality assurance, fault-tolerance standards, security, and stress-testing
- Design and implement flexible platform APIs to support the evolving platform application ecosystem, including applications for ad delivery data integration, reconciliation, compliance verification and business intelligence
- Configure and manage AWS cloud services used for core operations
- Develop instrumentation/profiling tools and systems
- Build platform guidelines for operation and project teams to ensure business continuity and performance
- Build platform knowledge base for third party application developers
- Team oriented, dedicated, creative, outstanding problem solver
- +4 years extensive Java/Kotlin experience
- +3 years hands-on experience in large-scale distributed system architecture, complex software design, high scalability, availability, optimisation
- Technical leadership experience in defining visions, goals and solutions, and managing their completion
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring, and measuring in cloud environments
- Informal chat with CTO / COO to discuss the plans for the business and where this role fits into this.
- Technical interview. This will either consist of you talking through an existing relevant project you've worked followed by some technical questions from the team.
- Final chat with CEO / CTO / COO
This is a totally unique opportunity with seriously good stock options for the right candidate to join as the business scales globally.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the business, please apply with an up to date CV.