With a UK HQ and offices in the Netherlands, Germany and Scandinavia this client is about to embark on large scale growth, with insourcing their tech into their Bristol HQ a priority. As part of this growth they are seeking a Lead Developer who can work alongside their current agency and look to scale their in house team.
The business consists of 12 brands that operate as separate business units with over half a million sessions per month and close to 15,000 transactions, the plan is to significantly increase this over the next 2-3 years as part of a wider digital transformation.
The business still has quite a start-up / entrepreneurial mentality where ideas are openly voiced and implemented when proven to be the right thing to do. This role would suit someone that wants to go on a journey with a business during a period of rapid and sustained growth. A lead developer who can provide coding standards and mentorship as the team scales.
This is a great opportunity for a senior developer to expand their responsibilities and take ownership of their ecommerce platform, development roadmap and technical infrastructure.
You will be leading a small team (for now) of one other Back-End Developer and one other Front-End Developer as well as playing an important part in building out the technical capabilities of the company.
You will be hands on to solving difficult technical challenges whilst considering software architecture, performance, quality, and security. You will devise elegant and creative solutions to tricky problems and highlight opportunities to improve all technical aspects along the way.
- Provide technical leadership across the ecommerce business
- Take ownership of the ecommerce platform and the technical roadmap and longer term technical road map and evolution of the tech stack and platform.
- Lead the development team to ensure exceptional quality of work.
- Take the lead in developing bespoke, scalable microservices.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to plan new features and functionality.
- Stay up to date with new technology and bring new ideas to the table.
- Conduct code reviews and own the ultimate stability and performance of our ecommerce platform.
- 4 years' experience as a Senior Back End or Full Stack Developer
- Experience using Magento 2
- Extensive experience in commercial PHP/MySQL.
- Demonstratable experience of working in a Senior/Lead Position.
- Experience of building micro-services
- Experience of architecting solutions and delegating work to team members.
- Knowledge and experience of working in Agile/Scrum environments
- A passion of creating clean and efficient code.
- An insatiable appetite to improve your skill sets and take ownership of the technical capability of the business.
- Experience in Zend, Composer, Redis, Varnish, Nginx, MariaDB, JSON.
- Experience with React or VueJS
- Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager or Working within enterprise CMS environments
- Experience in migrating to enterprise CMS environments
- Experience in running a small development team
- 33 days holiday
- Early finish on Fridays (2pm)
- Remote, Hybrid and flexible working (ideally 1 day per week in Bristol)
- Company pension scheme
- Staff and family discounts
- Access to the employee benefits platform
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to take a step up in their career and be given the autonomy to scale a team and make decisions about the future tech direction of the team. To arrange an informal chat with the business please apply with an up to date CV