Junior Software Tester
Chester - Hybrid
My client is a leading FMCG brand who are looking to add to their IT team based near Chester. Integration testing is a vital role in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) contributing to the successful delivery of quality IT solutions for millions of customers.
You will work with the Business Analysts and development teams to ensure testing is at the core of the development process, allowing you to understand what the solution is meant to do, who within the business will use it and its key purpose and features. As an IT Tester you will be responsible for a variety of exploratory, unit, functional and integration testing.
This is role would be 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home.
Duties and Skills:
- Working with business stakeholders, developers and the BA team to understand business / project requirements
- Preparation of functional and scenario test cases including expected outcomes.
- Plan and execute manual test cases following iterative software releases.
- During test execution, ensure application behaviour meets requirements specification.
- Complete data integrity checks.
- Record test results, identify and analyse anomalies and where necessary raise and track defects with development team.
- Complete testing iterations within agreed deadlines.
- Perform regression testing to ensure a software release has no detrimental impact to system functionality.
- Create, manage, and maintain testing documentation for complete regression testing and to support user testing.
- MS DevOps
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· 15% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
· Free parking
· Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
· Subsidised Costa onsite
· Discounted gym membership
The training and support is second to none so if you are mid-level or a junior looking to take a step up and interested in this role, apply directly or contact Tom Griffin.