About the business
This business is an ambitious and growing SaaS company based in the centre of Manchester.
They've developed an exciting new technology platform, which uses game theory and predictive modelling. Having recently been acquired, they're investing heavily in their technology and team and are looking to expand their technical capabilities by bringing on board a a junior DevOps Engineer.
This role would suit someone who is either currently in a DevOps role, is in a hybrid role or can demonstrate a desire to move into a full DevOps position.
Their software developers have previously been managing all aspects of the development process so far, but as part of their scaleup and growth, they now need to bring in people with specific DevOps capabilities to take ownership of this part of the business.
Your primary role will consist of:
- Ownership of the system architecture
- Ensuring system resilience and its capability to handle rapid scale-up
- Improving their deployment process by delivering an automated testing platform and tools
- Project planning, development and deployment
- Have in-depth practical experience working with core AWS services such as VPC networking and security, IAM, EC2, S3, ECS
- Are well-versed in working on production infrastructure which requires maintenance with (little to) no downtime regardless of the complexity of the task
- Previous experience with infrastructure-as-code, preferably cloud formation
- Are comfortable architecting and implementing serverless solutions on AWS using some of the following tools: Lambda, Faregate, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Experience managing and automating complex platforms/applications on AWS
- Experience with CI and building CD pipelines
- Be able to monitor the security of a cross account system and ensure that high standards are always maintained
- Flexible working - work wherever you have an internet connection.
- a 4.5 day working week - 12.30pm finish on Friday
- Subscriptions and/or attendance at industry events to further your learning and development.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- 5 weeks holiday a year plus bank holidays.
For an informal chat with the CTO, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV.