Better Placed are excited to be working with a truly global beverage manufacturer.
This role will look after all the production of some iconic drinks brands in the UK.
Based out of their sight in South Wales, this is an opportunity to have an instant impact and be recognised swiftly for all improvements and changes that are made.
This is a senior role and the successful person will have full responsibility over all production matters on the site, reporting directly into a Senior UK Director, there will be large amounts of autonomy in this position.
Leadership and change management experience are key, as are the abilities to build a successful and committed team.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPI's
- Contribute to the Manufacturing strategy and work with the team to convert it into the operational and people plan for the business.
- Work with the Supply Chain Director, SC Finance Director and key stakeholders to create the annual budget for the Site that includes improvements targets in operating performance.
- Demonstrate and model exceptional leadership to shape the site culture that enables all employees to reach their potential and Suntory to be the best place to work.
- Work with the Site Leadership Team to create a highly reliable, responsive and competitive operation that puts safety, quality and delivery first through a culture of improvement, such as Lean Manufacturing Tools.
- Champion a Continuous Improvement Culture by deploying and animating CI initiatives for all of its activities and defining the roadmap for improvement.
- Actively engages and contributes to the Suntory corporate image by harnessing good relationships with the local community and trade union.
- Safety performance: TRIFR, ambition is "0" accident
- Quality performance: customer complaints/ML on track
- Employee Engagement and pulse surveys
- Talent pipeline & successors in place for all key roles
- Financial performance: cost savings & productivity targets
- Environmental monitoring and improvement v the agreed plan: water and energy ratios
- Operational efficiency: OEE / TEEP / breakdown reduction
- Customer service: Customer Service Levels (CSL) & On Time in Full (OTIF)
- New products development integration & others CAPEX related projects
- Planning (Production)
- Supply Chain Leadership Team (SCLT)
Professional Experience & competencies
5 years at Plant Manager, Factory Manager or Head of Production within food & drink.
GEMBA / Shopfloor driven => mini 50% of his time at gemba level
Strong communication skills - a proven ability to communicate a compelling and clear roadmap that employees can relate to and understand how they contribute.
A proven ability to develop individuals and builds teams through development planning, talent pipelining and building strong succession plans based on immediate and future needs
Demonstrates and instils a continuous improvement mindset , mastering main TPM activities (AM, PM , Daily Management , FI , 5S ) that drives high levels of accountability and ownership to all employees.
Results Focused - defined expectations, delegates well and holds people accountable.
Ability to build strong relationship across multiple functions and work effectively within a matrix organisation structure.
Proven change management capability and experience of successful implementing multiple change initiative.