We are pleased to be working with a fantastic performance marketing agency, with offices in Manchester and Burnley, Lancashire.
They work with ambitious e-commerce and lead-generation businesses, to deliver campaigns and platforms that turn visitors into customers. Their work spans acquisition (paid/organic and social), conversion rate optimisation and UX, and website design/build.
They are looking for a Digital Marketing Executive, to support their performance marketing specialists. The role will be fast-paced, and provide the right candidate with a rewarding exposure to all aspects of their performance operations. You will work closely with the whole performance team, supporting a variety of operations, building knowledge and experience and helping to build, deliver and refine client campaigns and marketing projects.
Progression for the right candidate would be towards a service specialism (eg PPC, SEO, CRO) or a role specialism across various services (eg reporting, client services [eg account manager], digital marketing manager.)
SEO: working with SEO and content specialists on keyword research, build keyword maps, scoping out redirects, conducting competitor research.
PPC: working with PPC specialists to build campaigns, monitoring campaign performance and producing ad creative.
CRO: working with UX and CRO teams to review website architecture, managing A/B testing and implementing test winners.
In addition, the Digital Marketing Executive is involved in producing campaign performance reports, and helping to deliver and document client meetings.
They look for a blend of the following skills and recognise that candidates have varying strengths across "creative" and "scientific" disciplines - a strong mix is vital. They value candidates who understand their own personality and skills - and are pointing themselves in the right direction.
- Technology-literate - native in productivity software (eg MS Office/Google Suite)
- Digital marketing knowledge - whilst not necessarily "an expert" at the outset, you can show an understanding of the channels involved.
- Strong communicator - excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident - able and willing to open conversations with colleagues and clients, never afraid to ask for help or pick up the telephone
- Analytical - comfortable around numbers, reports, charts and spreadsheets
- Creative - innovative, and able to produce new ideas and thinking to solve problems
- Collaborative - always looking to work with others. This role is not for people that want to hide
- Commercial 'nous' - you understand the business outcomes that our clients want us to achieve for them
- Paid social experience is desirable
- Demonstrable experience developing, implanting and optimising paid search strategies
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK's leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 10 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are "better placed" (sorry!) to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK's, and even world's biggest brands.