Better Placed are looking for an articulate, experienced BDM to join an evolving, digital first software company that provide software solutions to public bodies. The ideal candidate will have experience selling products and/or services into the NHS and other public sector institutions. As Business Manager, your responsibility is to work within the sales team, to licence products, in line with agreed business targets, sales methodology and business values. The role will cover both New Business and Account Management responsibilities with the Business Managers' portfolio being agreed on an individual basis.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Understand the business's products, features, benefits and the markets to which they are to be applied.
- Engage with and understand prospect and customer needs.
- Generate new business sales leads via phone and other channels.
- Attend structured face to face and/or virtual meetings with potential clients and customers.
- Be involved in the planning, development and delivery of face-to-face and online campaigns
- Position and propose the correct product offering to match the established customer need, placing this in the context of the business case showing the ROI (qualification).
- Represent and present the business and its products to individuals and groups (Presentation).
- Negotiate, manage procurement, conclude business and handle objections (procurement).
- Actively seek upsell opportunities within the accounts that you manage.
- Plan time, meetings, agendas, objectives and campaigns efficiently and in advance.
What the company can offer in return:
- Uncapped OTE with an achievable bonus structure
- Competitive salary against the market
- Investment in your skills and career progression
- Hybrid working based out of newly refurbished, semi-rural offices in North Leeds