Really exciting Brand Manager role working for a new area of a large multi-billion pound company. This new arm of the business was created during Covid and has grown incredibly quickly!
This role will be a mixture of B2B & B2C and enjoy the culture of a start up, with the backing of a big business behind them. Really exciting time for them and the growth trajectory and innovation pipeline is very exciting!
A. Purpose of the job:
The main purpose of this role will be to help enable the brand to achieve its sales and gross margin targets. The role will contribute to the brand diagnosis, by aiding development of the brand objectives and strategy in addition to owning the delivery of the tactics required to deliver the above, across three sectors.
This is a challenger brand in a congested market. We have big ambitions to sustainably grow the brand post pandemic through clear positioning based on closer consumer understanding, creative communication of that positioning, and innovation to satisfy changing consumer habits.
C. Accountabilities of the job:
1.Diagnosis - Understanding key data points to establish requirements for growth and development of strong brand equity.
2.Strategy - Contribute to creating a winning strategy that delivers future profitable growth across the business. Help to define targeting, positioning & growth objectives. Help identify which new markets/categories/channels that the brand can be launched into as well as driving growth in existing markets.
3. Tactics - employ brand positioning across the whole marketing mix (4Ps) - product, place, positioning, people (target consumer). And across all three sectors
4. Business Delivery - Enable key channels to deliver their business plans by providing consumer/ brand collateral required for successful brand performance in each channel and sector.
3. Consumer Insight - Monitor global trends, competitor and market activity to identify gaps & opportunities for your areas of responsibilities.
4. Innovation - Work with Marketing and Commercial Team in taking projects through the NPD Process, meeting all stage and gate requirements. Own some aspects of product development and deliver to markets in accordance with 5-year innovation funnel and plans.
5. Brand Marketing Collateral - Support the SBM on the creation of brand marketing collateral ensuring fit to brand strategy. Ensure rapid, consistent roll out of creative. The BM will be responsible for the artwork process, raising barcodes etc. The BM will also support the digital lead in ensuring consistency across all channels.
6. Supply Chain - Work with supply chain to ensure that projects are managed through the process effectively getting us to successful global launch.
7. Relationships - Build strong co-dependent relationships with the rest of the team, sales and other commercial functions and Supply Chain. Work with external creative agencies to deliver your project objectives.
8. Values - Promote and embody company and brand Values in every aspect of working role and be uncompromising in their adherence across the company. Drive passion for the brand internally & externally.
9. Sustainability - Help to deliver projects in an environmentally positive way.
Level of education & Experience in general
· University Degree or equivalent calibre (any discipline)
· Minimum 3/4 years' experience in marketing
· Experience of working with brands - b2b & b2c ideal
· Specific marketing training (Desirable)
· Photoshop experience for basic internal design work (Desirable)
· 'Initiate & Create' Brand Marketing experience
· Experience of working in cross functional teams
· Experience of initiating and successfully delivering NPD/EPD to market
· Understanding and some experience of identifying consumer and shopper insights and acting upon them.
· Playing a key role in the development and execution of successful brand communication campaigns.
· Analytical, data literate and commercially astute
· Be a good planner and organiser; able to bring together and reconcile a complex matrix of information to enable sound decision-making.
· International mind set.