Great opportunity to join a well-known FMCG business in the brand team! Assisting an SBM you will be looking after their biggest brand. Not one to miss out on!
What will this role achieve?
· As an Assistant Brand Manager you will support the Senior Brand Manager in driving the development and the implementation of the brand strategy, working with our commercial teams to develop growth plans, developing and delivering compelling and distinctive brand marketing programmes, and above all building marketing leading brands that people talk about.
· You will also take full responsibility for developing and implementing key brand initiatives such as product renovation development projects, product launches, social media campaigns as appropriate to deliver the overall revenue and profit delivery of a brand portfolio
· To develop, drive and execute the strategic marketing plan for the brand portfolio, ensuring short, and long-term financial targets are achieved
What will be your key deliverables?
· Support the Senior Brand Manager in the development of the annual brand plan and the implementation of this plan.
· Lead part of the brand portfolio: monitoring performance, recommending actions and motivating teams and other functions to drive brand performance and act as the brand and consumer champion both internally within pladis UK and externally with field sales team.
· Reporting - analyse brand and market information responsible for in order to produce and present standard financial & performance reporting decks (as well as ad-hoc analysis) using IRI/Nielsen and Kantar data sources.
· Support the Senior Brand Manager in the identification of consumer insight and competitor analysis to unlock growth opportunities for the job holder’s respective brand. .
· Assist in the development and management of innovation and renovation projects for the specific brand responsibility as required. Including project management tasks, leading cross functional teams and present the project at monthly gate reviews to gain alignment.
· Liaising with external agencies regarding pack designs amends. Management of external agencies to deliver projects. Design and comms agencies specifically.
· Updating product packaging in accordance with ingredient, regulatory design amendments and promotional requirements. Managing the process from brief and supporting the brand manager to ensure timely and effective execution.
· Internal PR: To ensure that internal PR activity to raise the profile of various marketing events within pladis is effectively implemented (e.g. Launch of new advertising, brand launches etc)
· Assist the Senior Brand Manager on key communication and activation projects, with the potential to work with external agencies on projects that may include social, advertising, PR, and in-store activations.
· Assist the Senior Brand Manager in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives across the full mix, including OOH, digital, social media, in-store as appropriate. Build knowledge of best practices and recent trends.
· Work effectively within cross functional teams to deliver ongoing brand building and sales driving programmes, including in-store activation and new product launches.
· Engage and persuade others to gain commitment to key initiatives without reliance on formal authority.
· Inspire our commercial teams to deliver for the job holder’s respective brand.
· Form strong working relationships with technical development and supply chain on the development of brand renovation projects.
What do you need for this role?
· FMCG Marketing experience
· Project Management experience (Great organisation and collaboration skills)
· Drive for results: someone who takes action to meet goals and objectives. Takes pride in consistently delivering high quality work on time. Demonstrates a desire to improve own performance. Gets things done.
· Resilience: someone who stays with the task even when it gets tedious, difficult or inconvenient. Recognises own feelings and emotions when under pressure.
· Inter-personal relationships: Knows how to build and maintain relationships needed for the role. Shows respect for and seeks to understand the views and opinions of others. Communicates own views clearly and succinctly.
· Problem solving and decision making: knows how to apply simple rules or past experience to identify problems and select the best option from a range of solutions. Knows how to prioritise tasks and activities in order of importance. Takes time to ‘go see’ for themselves.
Our winning traits and behaviours
· Purpose-Led - Energized by our promise to deliver happiness to the world with every bite
· Agile - Ever evolving, never satisfied and never standing still
· Collaborative - Willing to work with others for mutual success, transparent, a win-win seeker
· Resilient - Quick to adapt to change, fast learner and persistent in the face of setbacks
· Positive - Self-motivated, optimistic, courageous, and inspiring