About this job
This global technology company are driving growth and developing their teams on an international scale. After recent investment they are restructuring their creative capabilities, and looking to hire a creative lead to really establish their international proposition – they have multiple brands offering products across both B2B and B2C in the automotive sector. They have HQ in the North West, and a space in Manchester City Centre, but can offer fully remote working if necessary. It’s preferred if the candidate can go into either office at least one day a week but not essential.
The role involves producing branded material across digital and print including websites, presentations, brochures, event stands and social assets. They will need to have a working knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe XD and experience delivering software solutions at scale. Knowledge of front-end languages like HTML and CSS are desirable but not required.
They will take ownership of projects and be able to deliver solutions independently and as part of a wider team without supervision (when possible). They will also be able to manage their own workload and be able to prioritise their own time and communicate this with stakeholders. They may also at times need to work with more junior members of the design team to help them solve problems.
They will need to work closely with marketing managers and stakeholders to understand that all project needs are met. They must be also able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and requirements.
- Consulting with the project team on design capabilities and best practices.
- Designing marketing collateral for digital and print in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Taking ownership of projects helping to drive them forward in collaboration with other designers and the rest of the wider team.
- Be self-motivated with a desire to learn new things and do the necessary research to deliver on new projects.
- Attend project meetings to discuss requirements, timescales and technical capabilities with project teams.
- Adopt a professional approach and behavior when dealing with the business and user community.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by sharing technical and business knowledge.
- Helping more junior members of the design team solve problems and assist in their development when possible.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe XD.
- A good eye for detail.
- 10+ years’ experience designing software at scale.
- Experience in designing fully responsive websites.
- Experience in designing emails.
- Experience in designing with data.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- The ability to creatively solve problems and design custom solutions.
- Flexible, adaptable, resilient and able to change focus on command.
- Interpersonal skills, working closely with the design team to discuss technical capabilities.
- Organisational skills to manage working on multiple projects at once to multiple deadlines.
- Communication skills, to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working on projects within a team.
This person can’t just be task orientated, they need someone who is proactive and original, who can spot opportunities for creative development and progress. This is a great time to be joining a company like this, who can offer job security, competitive salary and progression – apply now!