About this job
Our client is an iconic brand that enjoys a cult status with consumers! With an international footprint spanning over 80 countries this business houses some much loved brands in addition to some of the best marketing talent the North West has to offer! With a brilliant culture and some incredible perks they are most definitely a sought after employer brand!
You will already be familiar with this household name but what might surprise you is that they have a high performing out of home business that has been enjoying a steady period of growth. This channel has three core categories that have an enviable customer base, some great licensed brands and exclusive distribution agreement with some of the UK’s power brands! To secure the ongoing success in this channel a new Senior Brand Manager role has been created. This business loves to build brands and delight consumers so they are looking for someone who has a shared passion for brand marketing and the leadership skills and channel expertise required to champion the out of home channel and it’s brand partners across the business.
As Senior Brand Manager for the Out of Home channel you will report to the Brand Marketing Controller and manage two direct reports. You will be responsible for developing and delivering the brand plans within the out of home channel. This is a high profile role that will form a critical part of the 5 year growth plan, playing a key strategic role in the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being the out of home brand champion within the company and to external shareholders.
- Coach and develop a team of one brand manager and an assistant brand manager.
- To drive profitable brand growth across portfolio areas of responsibility, in conjunction with colleagues across multiple disciplines.
- Monitor and report on brand performance through analysis of market data (in conjunction with category team) and sales data (using internal data sources) and recommend remedial action as required. Ensure marketing budget delivery against plan.
- To lead the annual brand planning process across areas of responsibility.
- Manage the implementation of the consumer brand plans, ensuring all activity is completed on time, to budget and is in line with the brand guidelines and brand positioning. To work in close consultation and partnership with the sales, operations team and external agencies as appropriate to implement the plans.
- To act as the project leader and ensure the timely and successful launch of product development / NPD projects to market.
- Propose requirements for qualitative and quantitative research and write research briefs, analyse results and recommend course of action.
You will need to be an out of home expert and will ideally be operating in the Leisure and on-trade channels. You will be well versed in strategic planning, portfolio management and brand building via multi-faceted through the line consumer communications campaigns that include both ATL & BTL. You will be a confident communicator with bags of experience of getting the best out of agencies and developing strong cross functional relationships. Your ability to secure buy in for your plans with both internal and external stakeholders will be first class. You will need to be an experienced people manager with the desire to coach and mentor a small team.