About this job
Project Manager – UX
£60,000 – £70000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
London HQ – but flexibility to work remotely
20% European travel is required.
Are you motivated to build commercial change and transformation programmes with a heavy lean towards customer experience?
Do you have commercial experience working within or along the trade retail, building materials, building merchant, or industry standards organisations?
We are recruiting for a truly unique opportunity for a Project Manager within a leading European building materials brand to:
- Recruit profitable new brand partnerships to a contractor scheme/programme.
- Track programme success against a balanced scorecard.
- Develop improvements to the contractor programme and embed change projects.
- Drive quality and consistency across the scheme.
- Monitoring programme member experience and communications.
- KPI management and tracking within the programme.
- Continually developing the member portal alongside technical, development and leadership teams, including feature development, strategy planning and backlog management.
- Implementing and deploying the programme across multiple European countries, ensuring the right level of internal training and ongoing support.
- Managing the guarantee process on an ongoing basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Design and implementation of the member rewards programme.
- Continuous planning and tracking for the contractor programmes.
- Acting as an internal advocate for the programmes across the group.
- Working closely with the Head of Training to ensure needs are met.
- Developing new services to grow the scheme.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in managing complex projects in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience in managing and enhancing a customer portal, tool or application.
- Ability to work across a wide customer audience – B2B, B2C, B2B2C.
- Proven experience of working alongside IT development teams.
- The ability to interpret data to create winning strategies and make recommendations.
- An engaging team player – able to motivate and communicate with colleagues at all levels.
- Influential relationship management skills with the ability to use these to deliver service improvements.
- Resilient and adaptable within a changing and growing team and business.
- You will ideally have experience of developing a customer scheme or programme – this could be within a building merchant, power tools, DIY retail, building trade retail, accredited installer/accredited contractor/approved contractor scheme for example.
- Able to manage budgets.
- Effective leadership skills and style.
- Experience of delivering strategic change.
- Events management exposure.