About this job
Project Manager – Building/Construction Technologies
£65k – £70k per annum plus bonus and benefits
London – but remote working considered.
Our client is a leading European provider of roofing and waterproofing technologies, currently on a positive journey of transformation.
They have recently launched a new value proposition in the roofing contractor space, intended to simplify building projects for both building owners (B2B) and personal homeowners (B2C). This takes the form of a contractor scheme, which guarantees the quality and consistency of work, promotes customer loyalty, share of margin, and promotes successful working partnerships with building professionals.
The aim of the role will be to deliver a contractor programme across all aspects, from programme development, contractor satisfaction and growth.
- In-country launches in partnership with local project teams.
- Launch event coordination and scheme structure coordination.
- Leading the development of the contractor programme in line with market developments and customer feedback.
- Coordinating customer activation programmes, promoting the brand to the end user.
- Acting as an internal advocate for contractor programmes within the business.
- Ensuring contractor training needs are met as part of the scheme.
- Developing new services within the programme, including the development of a customer portal.
- Recruiting new brand partners to add value to the programme.
- Tracking project and programme success against a balanced scorecard.
- Continually developing improvements and embedding successful change projects.
- Driving quality and consistency across the scheme.
- Proven experience in developing customer-facing projects – ideally 3+ years.
- Strong project management skills – ideally with experience of developing a contractor scheme or similar. (Successful candidates may have worked for an industry body or trade association, related to the building industry or similar.)
- Experience in delivering strategic change.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time in Europe.
- A background in quality assurance and experience of working with development teams.
- Ability to work with a wide range of customer bases.
- Able to interpret data to develop strategy and make recommendations.
- Influential relationship management skills and the proven ability to engage, motivate and communicate with others at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience at budget-holding level.
- Experience of running events.
- Flexibility and dynamism in a changing, entrepreneurial environment.