About this job
Better Placed are excited to be helping Lansinoh recruit a newly created role within their new product development function.
Lansinoh, a global leader of breastfeeding products are now recruiting for a NPD Manager to join a small, vibrant and dynamic marketing team.
Lansinoh are committed to helping mums to breastfeed for longer & have a portfolio of market leading products available in most leading high street, grocery, baby specialist & independent stores nationwide. If you are looking to work for an innovative business with a fantastic culture this could be the role for you.
This role involves the technical management of New Product Development project activities, to support existing and new products within the Lansinoh portfolio, under the direction of the Senior NPD Manager
1. Own & lead key aspects relating to the development of new products from initial concept to market launch, with the following key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate and liaise with 3rd party suppliers/manufacturers/test houses as required to develop, test, approve, and launch new product(s) into the market
- Provide technical support to ensure key documentation and deliverables are in place to allow progression of NPD projects through the Lansinoh stage gate development process
- Develop, manage and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal
stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Graphic Design & Packaging) to achieve project critical goals
- Serve as a project manager, report progress, and deliver key project activities in accordance with agreed timelines and budget
- As required, Develop, manage and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Clinical Researchers, Healthcare professionals) to identify and prioritise research areas of interest
- Coordinate and liaise with 3rd party research organisations/test houses/academic institutions as required to generate and publish data to support the Lansinoh portfolio
- Attend company meetings as required
Own key aspects of several clinical or product development projects simultaneously in the pregnancy & parenting product categories, under the direction of the Senior NPD Manager:
Research & Insight
To collaborate with members of the NPD team and our clinical research partners to research and develop key insights which could provide differentiated product claims within the category, with a focus on clinical substantiation of claims. To review relevant published literature to identify areas of research interest
To collaborate with marketing to ensure the timely, accurate, and relevant usage of up to date market data within the new product development process and within the business generally.
New Product Launches:
To work with the marketing team to assess the feasibility of new product launches and to manage key NPD projects through the company stage gate process.
Evaluation and Review:
To evaluate the outcome of each NPD project and review the results against current market status leading to recommendations for continuous improvement.
Managing the Customer Interface:
To present the results of the NPD process in co-operation with Sales & Marketing in a credible and authoratitive way which achieves the project objectives, enhances customer relationships, and supports the credibility of textile range as a valued product position.
- Project Management
- Use of clinical data to substantiate commercial claims
- Strategic Thinking
- Critical evaluation
- Ability to work independently
- Research & Insight
- Data analysis & presentation
- Improvement Focus
- Teamwork & collaboration
- BSc degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years experience in FMCG, Healthcare, or Medical Devices
- Organised with good project management skills
- Strong analytical skills to drive data driven decisions
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible & Entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work independently once given appropriate direction
Preferred but not Required
- Previous experience in a healthcare industry role
- R&D or product development experience beneficial
- Degree in Materials Science/ Engineering / Biological Sciences / or equivalent
- Experience writing academic documents or material for scientific conferences
- Working knowledge of product development/claims substantiation within a regulated environment
Desired Personal Attributes
· Sets a high standard for performance. Pursues goals with purpose and a sense of urgency
· Creates an inclusive and creative environment
· Persists despite set-backs and works to gain acceptance for ideas
· Rallies behind the vision and exhibits optimism
· Adapts to changes easily, managing competing demands, able to respond and work through changes, delays or unexpected events
· Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate in less structured environments
· Passion to take initiative and drive change
· Strong communicator who can express self clearly and persuasively while also listening to others and incorporating their thinking into end work product