About this job
Better Placed are delighted to be recruiting a Head of Marketing role with a B2C business who operate in the prestige goods sector. With ambitious plans to triple the size of the business in the next 3 years which has been backed up by an aggressive growth and hiring strategy, you will play a key role in the senior management team, leading the marketing function and owning a role which has considerable growth potential as the business develops.
Heading up a team of three in an already established marketing function, you will drive the strategy across multiple channels including CRM, digital, events and direct mail. You will manage a specified budget and provide mentor-ship and coaching to the team, with overall responsibility for campaign output.
Ideally you will understand how to measure and track ongoing marketing campaigns with a particular focus on ROI. You will be a customer-centric marketeer with knowledge and experience of customer journeys and retention marketing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Heading up a small marketing team, providing coaching, mentor-ship and accountabilities.
- Be the owner of the customer journey process.
- Hold overall responsibility for the marketing budget, allocating across relevant channels including SEO, PPC, direct mail and exhibitions.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to ensure leads are being generated and followed up correctly.
- Driving the social media strategy which is a relatively new addition to the marketing arsenal.
- Analysing and reporting on marketing campaign success.
- Represent the company at events.
Key experience required:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marketing, preferably with a ‘big-ticket’ item or financial services.
- People management experience.
- Ideally experience of working on the customer journey.
- Drive and ambition to match the business’s growth plan.
This is an ideal role for you if you want to take ownership of a team and create a 3-5 year strategy on growing an already successful business. Based in the Harrogate area, this role is commutable from Leeds, York, Ilkley, Bradford and surrounding areas.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK’s leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 15 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are “better placed” to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK’s, and even world’s biggest brands.