About this job
£35,000 – £40,000
Birmingham, with occasional travel to London
A well-respected global law firm is currently seeking to grow their team with the addition of an Events Manager, to own and manage a portfolio of events across all key practice areas.
Working closely with the wider marketing and business development team, you will work in an EMEA-wide remit to successfully plan, coordinate, deliver and measure the impact of conferences, trade shows, webinars, and other corporate events, aimed at raising the profile of the firm and driving new commercial opportunities.
About the role:
- Putting forward new, innovative and sector specific ideas for events for practice groups, industries and offices, creating buy-in from all relevant stakeholders.
- Setting and communicating time-lines and priorities for each event.
- Managing all pre-event logistics and liaising with suppliers and venues.
- Budgeting and tracking all event-related costs and reporting on ROI.
- Assisting with post-event tracking and follow-up to ensure any leads or commercial opportunities are followed-up.
- Assisting in the design, development and production of both digital and printed events collateral/promotional material.
- Providing a high quality of support to other teams running their own events.
- Representing the firm in person at events as required, which will involve a degree of travel.
- Developing and maintaining events-related communications, including digital communications such as email contact lists.
- Networking with professional services industry peers to stay up to date with current trends.
- You will be a flexible and dynamic individual, with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- 3-5 years’ experience within events management, with a strong preference for legal or professional services industry experience.
- An experienced user of Cvent, or another events management software.
- Proven project management skills in an events marketing context.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a related subject – e.g. marketing, events, or business.
- Adaptable and innovative, with the resilience to change with the times and persevere through unplanned scenarios.
- A competent user of the full MS Office suite.