About this job
Better Placed are delighted to be recruiting for a newly-created E-Commerce Manager role for an internationally renowned business in West Yorkshire. It’s truly a worldwide brand who have traditionally focused on a B2B model but are now implementing a B2C proposition.
The business is refreshingly forward-thinking in it’s culture and they offer trust and flexibility if you need to work a day or two from home as well as offering an industry-leading benefits package. It’s a grown-up culture that doesn’t believe in micro-management or strict working hours.
This brings a wealth of opportunity and the E-Commerce function will be launched around July this year with full functionality to be introduced before the end of the year. In what is essentially a ‘blank canvas’, you will be working closely with senior business leaders to put in place an E-Commerce strategy and head up this area of the business. You are not required to have technical build experience as this will be manged by the development team, your role will be to implement a strategy to convert online traffic. In a business that is marketing driven with a large marketing team, there will be plenty of resources for you to pull from.
Naturally, you will have the opportunity to grow this function and team in the coming months and years and this role would suit you if you come from a B2C E-Commerce background and want to take ownership over a new function and really make a role your own.
- Working closely with the wider marketing and product teams, create an E-Commerce strategy with the overall aim of converting online visitors to purchasing customers.
- Setting goals and measures of success, there is no other E-Commerce expert in the business and you will be expected to set metrics and communicate clearly to the board the findings of E-Commerce activity.
- Identification of buyer personas, product promotions and anything else of relevance to drive revenue generation through the website.
Key experience required:
- E-Commerce experience in any B2C industry.
- Demonstrable results in online sales and engagement.
- Knowledge and passion for all things digital.
- Data-driven and able to explain complex findings means to non-digital experts.
This is the type of blank canvas role that doesn’t come around too often! If you are an E-Commerce expert and would like to know more about this role with an established international business, please apply now!
Based in West Yorkshire, this role is commutable from Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, York, Ilkley and surrounding areas.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK’s leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 15 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are “better placed” to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK’s, and even world’s biggest brands.