About this job
Digital Product Owners – German speaking
£60k – £65k per annum plus bonus and benefits
My client is a leading provider of roofing and waterproofing technology, who have just opened a brand new tech hub in Reading, where they are looking for a Digital Product Owners – both B2B and B2C to join their team.
The Digital Product Owner will be responsible for successful delivery of a new product and service proposition within a newly created digital and technology hub in their new Reading office.
Reporting into the Head of Digital Commerce, the Digital Product Owner will ensure delivery of digital resources within internal and 3rd party teams, and will deliver against agreed business priorities.
About the role:
- You will take the lead on B2B digital experience within their contractor programme, within the roofing sector.
- Key responsibility for digital experience within the German sales teams.
- Working closely with digital and business management teams to set product goals to deliver and exceed on business targets.
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with the UK and German digital dev-ops teams to continuously develop the digital experience.
- Developing a digital roadmap for the B2B part of the service proposition.
- Create and communicate the product vision with stakeholders, and development teams.
- Identifying key business metrics that need to be measured, and conducting regular reporting against performance.
- Performing ongoing cost-benefit analysis and making decisions on prioritisation with business users and developers to decide on product direction.
- Managing project sprints and applying a test and learn approach to releases and updates.
- Working with customers to review releases and adjusting developments accordingly.
- Developing an understanding the German market for roofing, including participating in direct conversations with roofing professionals where required.
- Managing the proposition backlog.
- Fluent in both German and English.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Digital Product Owner or similar.
- Demonstrable experience of ongoing test and learn approach to digital experience.
- The ability to develop an excellent understanding of customer needs.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experienced in managing product backlogs.
- Experience of working in a hands-on, start-up style environment – ideally within the construction space.
- Understanding of software development and design.
- Experience of working in an agile scrum environment, ideally as a digital product owner.
- Internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- An understanding and appreciation for software development and design with a solid technical skill-set.
- A basic understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira and basic knowledge of programming and/or SQL.
- A track record in a commercial sector such as retail, ecommerce, or software development would be advantageous.
- Data-driven with skills in Google Analytics.