About this job
I am partnering with an amazing national charity in the South of London on the search for a Digital Communications Officer. This is a fantastic role where you will lead a programme of digital communication and engagement with volunteers to support the roll out of a brand new programme.
This role sits within a brand new team under the Operations department, where the successful person will be engaging with 20,000 volunteers with a digital communication strategy to support the new programme. You will be producing user-centred online guidance and training which helps volunteers to understand and engage with the changes as well as producing regular communications and updates to key stakeholders in branches and the wider organisation. You will be working closely with the Internal Communications team.
Ideal candidates will display:
- Understand users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence
- Excellent copy writer, able to design content to meet users needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand
- Experienced in designing producing and delivering effective email communications. Able to use email management systems to manage subscribers and send newsletters
- Experienced in managing online communities. Understands how to design, grow and maintain sustainable communities
- Able to gain trust and establish effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
Ideally candidates will have experience working in the Not-for-Profit sector and will understand how to work in a volunteer model charity. If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please apply with an up to date CV.