About this job
An agile Senior Data Scientist is required to join one of the UK’s largest eCommerce pure plays. You will join their dynamic marketing department and work in their state-of-the-art HQ. This is a very financially stable, cash rich business which is showing no signs of slowing down in the current economic climate. This business has a significant international presence and has floated on the London Stock exchange but still hasn’t lost their start up, dynamic mentality.
You will also benefit from a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, remote working (post Covid-19), flexible working, access to internal and external training opportunities, generous staff discounts, a generous package and free parking to name a few.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide in depth insight to the wider business through interactive analytical tools and deployable models
- Play an active role in establishing the data framework
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to provide key insight and analysis
- Identify KPIs and interpret business logic
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across different departments
- Develop custom machine learning models and algorithms
- Keep up to date with industry news, staying informed of cutting edge science industry developments
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to tactically build solutions that deliver real value
The ideal Senior Data Scientist will have the following background:
- A strong academic background at least degree educated in either Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Maths or Machine Learning. Ideally educated to PHD level.
- Prior experience within Data Science (eg. Python, R, Jupyter, NodeJS and cloud cognitive services
- Prior experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights
- Advanced knowledge of deep learning, ML clustering, classification and regression
- Experience of utilizing cloud infrastructure and optimizing computer resources
- Advanced analytical skills with a detail orientated mindset
- Experience working in a full-scale data capability, including data architecture, enterprise information management, data engineering and data product management
- Knowledge of data modelling and structures (Data Vault is a bonus), and experience working with data lakes and data warehouses (Azure Data Warehouse, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, GCP BigQuery, etc.)
- Understanding of the end-to-end deployment process of data products (from raw code to scalable deployment), the relevant CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Git, etc.) and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience within a retail and online/ digital commerce environment is a huge plus
If you would like to work an award-winning business, please don’t hesitate to apply. The full interview process will be conducted remotely over the next few coming weeks.
Their offices are commutable by car from: Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool and Preston.