About this job
Social Media and Content Specialist – Healthcare
£33k – £40k per annum plus benefits
Are you a social media marketing specialist, with proven experience in executing on a social media strategy as part of the wider marketing mix?
Do you have experience of the above within either the charity, non-profit, clinical or healthcare sector (or similar)?
If so, please read on, as the below might appeal to you!
I’m proud to be working in partnership with a long-established and well reputed healthcare organisation, offering a wide range of care services to patients both in the UK and globally. They are currently undergoing a period of positive change and transformation with the introduction of a new, international website, and a shift to a more social media-led social communications strategy to help them to engage with the right audiences at the right time.
As part of a new marketing and digital roadmap, you will have the opportunity to develop and evolve social media content and social media channels to deliver a best-in-class experience to patients using the website or engaging with video, blog, podcast and written content.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of PR but will be a “social native” first and foremost and could be from a brand-side organisation or an agency – ideally from within clinical or health sectors, although it would be a plus.
If you are someone who enjoys business partnering with internal teams, external agencies and suppliers to build compelling and memorable stories and can work with a degree of autonomy, then please read on!
About the role:
- Working with key stakeholders who could be GPs, patients, clinical leads and business leads to identify and develop relevant and engaging stories to all client audiences.
- Developing these stories and disseminating them across written, video and podcast, PR, social and web channels depending on audience and across Middle Eastern, UK and China markets.
- Owning and managing the organisation’s social channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, ensuring consistency in content, tone of voice and messaging.
- Working closely with the social media agency to launch Arabic social media channels for new markets.
- Managing a central social content and communications calendar.
- Developing and releasing internal communications activities, including weekly news updates to running campaigns to support new initiatives.
- Building positive relationships with external stakeholders, including influencers, journalists, editors to support in content distribution.
- Ensuring the brand is always positively represented and its reputation protected.
- Working closely with the wider marketing and digital teams to develop and implement integrated marketing strategies to support business strategies.
- Contributing to a suite of central reports to showcase the performance of communications channels and strategy.
- Carrying out performance reporting to support ongoing test and learn strategy.
- Significant experience of managing social media channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- A high level of experience of developing and implementing highly engaging social media campaigns across multiple channels and audiences.
- Experience of producing video, podcasts, vlogs and other visual and sound media.
- Experience of multi-posting platforms, such as Hootsuite or similar.
- Experience of working brand or social media/marketing agency-side, with the predominance on social media, rather than a generalist role.
- Experience of running internal and/or external communications campaigns would be highly beneficial.
- Experienced in building performance reports to showcase the value of social media content and communications.
- A great understanding of the full marketing mix and the role that social media plays in supporting lead generation and development.
- Experience of launching social media channels into international markets, ideally the Middle East or China.
- Proven experience of building relationships with influencers – preferably in the health, medical, pharmaceutical or related sectors.
- Experience in managing relationships with trade, especially hospital and/or press journalists would be a big plus.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent transferable experience. Valuable subjects could include English, Marketing or Digital Communications.
- Experience of managing relationships with social media and/or PR agencies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with strong time management and presentation skills.