About this job
Our client is a strategic partner to the UK’s most quality driven retailers. They have an excellent track record of creating the most exciting innovation in their category and are known for their exceptional quality! Privately owned, this food FMCG business is dynamic and energetic with a lovely family feel. Enjoying steady growth, a new role has been created in the commercial team for a passionate and enthusiastic Category Manager to support the delivery of their growth plans.
Reporting into the Commercial Director the Category Manager will act as a category advisor, developing and delivering the category strategy and developing insights that uncover significant category opportunities for each retail customer. You will work as part of a collaborative, cross functional team to create informed commercial and innovation strategies.
- Interpretation and analysis of data, reviewing gaps, shelf space, trends, promotional activity, providing ongoing reports
- Provide regular updates and actionable insights to improve sales and drive the category forward including category range reviews, evaluation and rationalisation
- Collaborate with the Commercial and Marketing teams, translating analysis to meaningful insight for the Grocery Retailers
- Present compelling category selling stories and effectively handle objections to shape retailer’s category thinking so that they act upon and implement category recommendations
- Understand the key trends and dynamics shaping the Grocery category now & in the future
- Responsible for reviewing the results of commercial initiatives to determine their effectiveness Vs consumer/shopper objectives
- Recommend and commission continuous research, building relationships with IRI, Kantar, and any other Research agencies as relevant
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience in a category management or category analysis role in an FMCG business. You will have an excellent understanding of the principles of category management. Experience of ranging and space planning would be beneficial but is not essential. Experience of working with a major grocery retailer is essential. You will have first class communication skills with the ability to influence and present to key stakeholders. You must be proactive, not reactive! In return, our client is committed to your personal development with training and development at the heart of what they do!