About this job
Our client has a truly worldwide operation and is a global powerhouse in the categories they operate in, turning over billions and enjoying worldwide market domination! Known for their fresh and pioneering approach to innovation and with a sustainable approach to business, this company is going places and is perfectly positioned to grow your career! With an instantly recognisable brand and product portfolio, our client has gone from strength to strength in recent years and Category Management has been a huge driver behind this growth. An opportunity for a talented Senior Category Manager has recently arisen and the role will be responsible for leading the category agenda with Sainsbury’s.
Reporting into the Head of Category Management, the key remit of the role is to develop & implement bespoke plans for Sainsbury’s, in line with the overarching category strategy, delivering category growth and development for the brand. You will be tasked with improving the shopping experience, ensuring overall base category growth, cementing your status as the category expert and delivering against financial KPI’s.
Key responsibilities include:
- To convert the continuous research data into actionable reports that identify sales and marketing opportunities for your customer and the brand.
- To proactively build external relationships within designated retail accounts to ensure the business remains the preferred category advisor
- In collaboration with relevant National Account Managers ensure promotional activity is appropriate for the shopper, retailer and brand to gain maximum ROI (from plan development to evaluation)
- Provide information and insight to be used in annual brand plans
- Establish relevant weekly/monthly reports to monitor agreed KPIs and enhance e.g. Distribution, ROS
- Be the lead in all relevant category management projects e.g. space planning, range reviews, strategic development, NPD implementation
- Work with the marketing team to develop NPD and ensure that category insight is at the core of product development
- Be the lead in shopper and category insight for your account
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of over-arching category plans based on the over-arching category strategy
The ideal candidate will be of graduate calibre and will possess a minimum of 3 years experience in a category management role, gained in an FMCG business. Experience of working with a major grocery retailer is preferred but candidates with experience gained in other channels are also of interest. You will demonstrate a good understanding of Category Management principles and the triple win approach.