About this job
Category Manager – 12 Month Cover
- Leeds based
- Big Brands
- Amazing culture
- Initially this will be a 12 month maternity cover contract
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to join an exciting FMCG business who are still experiencing a strong period of growth. If you’re looking to work for a flexible, inclusive and ambitious FMCG business then please get in touch.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, self starting individual looking to be part of high performing category. You will develop and build upon the lasting relationships with the key retailer, being fully engaged with the process to advise the retailers on all aspects of Category Management, providing recommendations on range, promotions, space and performance.
- Deliver sound Category Strategies ensuring growth for key customers. You will lead category change and create a vision for the category moving forward
- Develop and execute the annual category plan to execute the category vision, merchandising and promotional strategies.
- Identify and manage customer specific category initiatives and projects to increase sales and profitability.
- Lead and deliver the range, seasonal review and gap analysis processes with customers.
- Category range management.
- Lead and deliver the promotional calendar.
- Lead and deliver merchandising reviews and point of purchase tactics.
- Previous Category Management experience working within a retailer facing role.
- Educated to degree level or the equivalent.
- Expert user of Nielsen / IRI and Kantar databases.
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship builder.
You will be a career minded, high calibre Category Manager with at least two years experience in a Category Management function. Full understanding of the category management and range review processes are essential as being highly numerate with a sharp analytical mind.