About this job
Business Development Manager – Law Firm
£65,000 – £70,000 per annum
I’m currently working in partnership with a global, full-service law firm, seeking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager, ideally with experience from within the legal sector.
The Business Development Manager provides key support to the partners and wider practice groups lawyers across key functions. The successful person will act as both a catalyst and facilitator for client expansion and targeted initiatives.
About the role:
- Helping the leadership team and practice groups to implement and measure sound business development and marketing strategy.
- Providing counsel on strategy, client relationship management and marketing and sales techniques, with a firm-wide approach towards inclusive participation across offices.
- Maximising client relationships and growth/revenue opportunities.
- Building strong relationships with internal clients, anticipating the needs of their practices.
- Working with defined groups to support and develop business development planning and follow-up.
- Working with individual lawyers to help them develop personal business development plans.
- Helping lawyers to recognise and pursue business opportunities and expand relationships.
- Providing strategy for speaking and presenting opportunities at conferences, seminars, industry events etc.
- Identifying market developments that may have an impact on client organisations and providing advice on effective marketing strategies.
- Working with industry and practice groups across the firm to leverage industry knowledge.
- Providing support in domestic and cross-border RFIs, RFPs, pitches and proposals, etc.
- Working with members of the global pitch team to provide marketing and business development resources and tools.
- Working with the business research team to produce research and analysis to support client pitches and convert opportunities.
- Managing business development budgets for the groups, including follow-up plans for specific projects.
- Working with practice group members to ensure the strategic use of social media is maximised.
Key experience and skills:
- Ideally educated to degree or equivalent level in Business, Marketing or a similar subject.
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in Business Development and Marketing, ideally within a large professional services organisation.
- Previous Business Development or Marketing Manager level experience is required.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experienced in producing client development plans and supporting the sales function.
- An action-orientated team-worker with the ability to think creatively.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines effectively in a time-sensitive environment.