Manchester (4 days WFH, 1 day office)
I'm looking for a skilled back-end developer to work for a multi-billion dollar US business with a growing team, just outside of Manchester, to work on a number of key projects as part of a large scale digital transformation piece.
As a back end PHP developer you'll work as part of a small UK based development team (currently 6) ready to build on best practice to help create industry leading digital customer journeys across a number of core products.
Summary of the role
This role is responsible for web development activity across the industry leading brand portfolio and to support the delivery of budgeted sales and leads. We're looking for someone to join an innovative development team, ready to build on best practise within and outside the travel sector and to deliver a first-class digital customer journey.
The right developer will be able to identify opportunities to further improve the user experience and conversion rates across their B2C digital platforms, managing the development and maintenance of content management system.
With a number of major projects planned for 2021-22, this role is an opportunity to be part of a passionate development team with the opportunity to influence the development roadmap with your ideas.
Role and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate company wide web projects, managing the workflow and delivery of tasks and projects within the web development team.
- Develop and be accountable for the delivery of the web development plan (objectives, goals, strategies and measures) to drive increased online performance and web conversion.
- Plan, develop and test new features and functionalities.
- Develop and maintain bespoke built CMS systems (Laravel) for the Product and Content teams
- Mentor and develop junior members within the web development team when required
- Work with other departments within the business to understand their needs from a systems and web based perspective.
- Providing solutions to business problems
- Create business cases to support the need for change/investment within web infrastructure to improve performance.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years' experience in web development
- PHP, MySQL, MongDB, Any MVC framework,
- Experience working with external API integrations
- Experience with responsive web, browser compatibility and usability
- Knowledge of technical SEO best practices
- An organised approach to work is crucial
- Experience working with A/B testing platforms
- Linux server maintenance
The business was listed in the Sunday Times top employers list last year and prides itself on providing a great work life balance. The role is currently fully remote and will be a mix of office / remote work once the world returns to normal.
If you're a back-end PHP developer looking to take your career to the next level please apply with a latest copy of your CV