Lansinoh are recruiting an NPD Manager!
Better Placed are excited to be helping Lansinoh recruit a newly created role within their new product development function.
This role involves the technical management of New Product Development activities, to support the new product pipeline of a global maternal health Company, under the direction of the Senior NPD Manager
1. Own & lead the development of new products from initial concept to market launch, with the following key areas of responsibility:
- Simultaneously own several new product development projects from initial concept to market launch in compliance with the stage gate development process.
- Manage the development of each product by identifying key milestones, managing timelines, leading product development and documentation processes.
- Define key product benefits and features that delight the customer and collaborate with Marketing to define marketing claims that align with those benefits and features.
- Develop, manage and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Quality & Regulatory, Design & Packaging) to achieve project critical goals
- Coordinate and liaise with suppliers/factories/products as required to develop, test, approve, and launch the product(s) into the market
- Active role in ensuring all products pass relevant Legal, Regulatory & Safety requirements
- Attend company meetings as required
Own & lead several product development projects simultaneously in the pregnancy & parenting product categories, under the direction of the Senior NPD Manager:
Technical Product Development:
Provide technical insight and expertise to lead the development of cosmetic, medical device and other products from concept to launch, with consideration and understanding of the regulatory requirements to launch such products in global markets.
New Product Launches:
To work with the product management & marketing team to assess the feasibility of new product concepts and to manage key NPD projects through the company stage gate process, resulting in the technical delivery of new products on time and to budget, including technical knowledge transfer to the Sales and Marketing teams to maximise the value of new product launches.
To collaborate with marketing to ensure the timely, accurate, and relevant usage of up to date market data within the new product development process and within the business generally, along with accurate tracking and reporting of project status and timelines back to the wider business
Evaluation and Review:
To evaluate the outcome of each NPD project and review the results against current market status leading to recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Critical evaluation
- Ability to work Independently
- Understanding of Regulatory Frameworks (Medical Device, Cosmetic)
- Data Analysis & Presentation
- Improvement Focus
- Teamwork & collaboration
- BSc/BA degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a FMCG, Healthcare, or Medical Devices Product Development role, with a proven record of delivering products to market
- Organised with good project management skills
- Strong analytical skills to drive data driven decisions
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible & Entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work independently once given appropriate direction
Preferred but not Required
- Degree in Materials Science/ Biological Sciences / Chemistry or equivalent
- Experience working with OEM/3rd party vendors
Desired Personal Attributes
- Sets a high standard for performance. Pursues goals with purpose and a sense of urgency
- Creates an inclusive and creative environment
- Persists despite set-backs and works to gain acceptance for ideas
- Rallies behind the vision and exhibits optimism
- Adapts to changes easily, managing competing demands, able to respond and work through changes, delays or unexpected events
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate in less structured environments
- Passion to take initiative and drive change
- Strong communicator who can express self clearly and persuasively while also listening to others and incorporating their thinking into end work product
- Globally oriented, communicating effectively in an environment where most of the work involves colleagues and partners in other countries