Our well known retail client (outside of London but with flexibility on working remotely most of the time) is looking for 2 x merchandisers. One is a senior and one is junior (hence the salary range). The senior merchandiser will be responsible for the merchandiser but the generic duties are outlined below.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the buying team to analyse seasonal sales performance, profitability, consumer buying patterns, market trends and competitor activity to identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Analyse performance on an ongoing basis and work closely with the buying team to maximise profitability and minimise risk through efficient control of spend and stock levels
- Monitor competitor and market activity and keep own skills, knowledge and experience up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and techniques to ensure planning and trading processes are effective and up to date
- Liaise with showrooms to ensure product displays include best-sellers and new lines, and to remove discontinued lines, where appropriate
- Ensure showrooms are notified of all promotional activity and price changes in advance of 'go live' dates