Better Placed are pleased to be working exclusively with Asahi UK and they are looking for a Customer and Consumer Complaints Manager to join their team at their Griffin Brewery!
Asahi UK are part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd and aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller's London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Their aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At Asahi UK, they operate as an end-to-end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK and Ireland.
As the Customer and Consumer Complaints Manager, you will be reporting into the Head of Quality and will be responsible for the investigation and resolution of quality and packaging complaints arising within the UK market and on products manufactured within the UK business. You should quickly and patiently maintain thorough and accurate complaints records, tracking the complaints process form end to end. You will need to be confident in working across virtual, cross functional teams to ensure complaints brought to satisfactory conclusion for Consumer, Customer and AUK.
You will be responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
- Collect and compile complaints from all sources across the business to create a complete record
- Triage and initial assessment of complaints to determine appropriate response and/or escalation in line with food safety and quality principles
- Identify the root cause and put process and procedures in place to stop the incidents from recurring
- Accurately categorising complaints and coordinating the investigation to determine root cause
- Coordinate crisis management response for serious complaints and potential recall scenarios capturing all actions and minutes from the meetings
- Report total numbers of "justified" complaints on a monthly basis to feed into Manufacturing KPIs.
- Lead a quarterly review meeting with the Senior Management team on consumer and customer complaints, identifying what remedial actions have been taken.
- Responsible for management of the Consumer helpline and all consumer correspondence guaranteeing that the Complaints Process is activated when appropriate delivering all consumer communications and transactions with the utmost efficiency and professionalism.
- Collection of information to support the consumer feedback process (e.g. information relating to ingredients, allergens, stockists, etc).
- Responsible for ensuring that the Supply Chain function understands and complies with the Consumer Data Protection Act 2018, and that all communications with consumers and individuals is in accordance with the law.
- Thoroughly investigating customer complaints to ensure that they are resolved in a professional and proficient manner in keeping with a 'premium' brands owner.
- Identify the root cause and put processes and procedures in place to stop the incidents from recurring
- Handling complex inbound & outbound forms of communication i.e., phone, email, website - social media
- Managing workload effectively, ensuring that complaints are completed within set timescales.
- Manages central log system where the status of each complaint is kept up to date to ensure deadlines are met.
- Accurately capturing and documenting all complaints according to internal policies and procedures.
- Report total numbers of logistic complaints on a monthly basis on a weekly basis to feed into Manufacturing KPIs.
- Build relationships with colleagues across AUK to effectively collect relevant information required to investigate and close the complaint.
- Assess complaints and make redress to demonstrate a fair and reasonable solution.
- Highlighting & alerts line mgr. of specific brand / type of complaint trends and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Provides advice and support in event of complaint being escalated to senior leadership teams
- Liaise with quality teams across the Asahi Europe & International to manage complaints impacting other markets
- You will have experience in a consumer and/or customer facing service role in FMCG or Premium Brands organisation
- You will have a track record of delivering high standard customer satisfaction through monitoring and meeting KPIs
- Experience of leading and optimising complaint handling to ensure effective resolution of complaints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Able to work on multiple tasks/complaints simultaneously
- Achieve tight deadlines whilst maintaining compliance levels
- Basic knowledge of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Conscientious with the tenacity and resolve to see things through
- Ability to develop working relationships with internal and external partners
- 'Can Do' attitude to ensure that the consumer receives positive experience of Asahi UK