About this job
Senior Communications Specialist
£55k – £60k per annum
An international law firm offering a wide range of practices from financial services to corporate and securities and global real estate is currently recruiting for a Senior Communications Specialist to join their rapidly growing team, based in the City.
The successful person will play a key role in planning and executing firm-wide, market-specific communications programs in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Working as an initial point of contact for the communications team for requests from EMEA offices and will ensure timely delivery of high quality communications materials.
About the role:
- Co-project management for the communications team, including handling project requests from EMEA and close work with the US based project manager.
- Working with internal stakeholders to gather project requirements, making recommendations across style, format and copy, delegating tasks and/or seeing these through to completion as appropriate.
- Serving as a copy-editor and proof-reader for marketing collateral and firm materials.
- Acting as the go-to contact for website updates and collateral for EMEA office moves, openings, closings, etc.
- Overseeing monthly updates to numbers of lawyers on maps within credential templates, updating firm-wide slides with awards facts and figures.
- Ensuring firm brand and messaging guidelines are adhered to in all material.
- Keeping internal clients updated on the status of all projects.
- A successful marketing communications professional from within a corporate/professional services setting – preferably with 5+ years’ experience.
- Excellent written and communications skills, strong grammar, punctuation and spelling, with an ability to translate technical and industry-specific information into clear, compelling content.
- Proven ability to manage marketing communications/content projects to a successful conclusion.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to conceptualise and think critically to create effective marketing communications programs.
- Demonstrated ability to balance changing priorities in a project-management context.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to positively influence and collaborate with others.
- Discreet and professional – able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able and willing to learn new skills.
- Flexible and able to work overtime from time to time as the role may require.