About this job
About Our Client:
A large Midlands based FMCG organisation are now recruiting for a Senior Category Manager. You will be given the opportunity to develop the strategic direction of their Tesco account in conjunction with the Head of Category. The role will offer ownership of the “front of store” category and the successful candidate will help grow this further and help drive forward the client relationship.
This organisation has a very consumer centric approach to its market and has vision and strategic direction at the heart of the company. This is an opportunity to work for a truly dynamic organisation with room to progress for the right candidate.
- Ownership of Ranging strategies and principles
- Ownership of Space strategies and principles
- Ownership of Category Strategy for Front of store
- Ownership of Milestone 6 – Review of launches
- Drive In store Marketing Strategy and recommendations to Tesco
- Driver of category content for monthly team meeting with ‘so what’
- Ownership of ‘Category Story’ for total business monthly meeting – working with Senior Insights Manager
- Provide the right input from category in a concise, punchy presentation
- Provide challenge to team ensure we unearth the ‘so what’
- Ensure virtual team stay true to the insight throughout the development and execution process
- Drive a step change to deliver the ‘so what’ from the data and provide a concise, easy to understand presentation
- Budget ownership for all continuous data bought for category
- Innovation days, market trawls, on trend visits e.g body coach, food bloggers
The successful applicant for this Senior Category Management role must have had Category Management experience within the FMCG sector and as well as having a business or marketing related degree. Must have experience using Kantar, Nielsen, IRI or Dunnhumphy
What’s on Offer:
£50,000 – £55,000 + competitive benefits package.