About this job
Better Placed are proud to be working exclusively with a data and loyalty focused agency based in Leeds.
The agency offer bespoke sales incentive plans and loyalty programmes for a handful of clients across a varied mix of sectors.
Due to continued success and growth, they’re looking to add a Senior Account Manager to their client service team.
This is an essential hire to support the operations director in the delivery of key accounts.
It’s a commercial focused position and a leadership one.
Whilst faultless account/project management skills are essential, the team are looking for a hybrid account handler, that can use these skills along side strategy, planning and commercial opportunity spotting.
They’ll be managing a team of two currently, and will report directly to the operations director. Experience and passion to manage and develop teams, will be vital to be successful in this process.
An experienced and competent Senior Account Manager is essential for the agency, so please ensure the below skills and experiences are met before applying:
- Must be operating within an agency at Senior Account Manager level. Account Managers with 2/3 years experience will be considered, but must be able to demonstrate Senior Account Manager qualities. The role will be managing Account Managers so a difference in skills has to be visible.
- A good understanding of data, ideally from a loyalty background. This can be taught, so whilst it’s not essential, a desire to get into this space would be needed. It’s multi-sector so any background in this field is welcomed.
- Line management experience and desire to continue to do so is necessary. This is a more senior hire for the agency so the successful Senior Account Manager must have a certain gravitas within the office. The culture is relaxed and ‘work hard play hard’, so that must also be a fit.
- Comfortable and enjoy being client facing. This will be from pitch to final delivery. Each campaign is likely to need close management from your team which at times, you may need to front.
- A forward thinking, strategic viewpoint is something the agency are really hoping to find. Being reactive is the nature of the day to day work, but to continue in their growth, its essential the successful candidate has this skill.
- The role will have financial responsibilities. Both for the clients budget handling perspective, and a profit perspective for the agency. Must come with good commercial acumen.
- Must be a proven relationship builder, both internally and externally.