About this job
Retail Marketing Manager
£30,000 – £35,000
My client is a market leading retail group with an increasing portfolio of over 200 stores, and a very ambitious growth strategy. They pride themselves in diversifying their product and service offering to stay ahead of the curve within their sector and they give the best product advice possible, adding value to the customer experience.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an ambitious and experienced Retail Marketing Manager to join their existing marketing team.
The key objective for this role is to ensure the business builds on its market-leading position by optimising revenue growth from the retail channel.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Lead the new store openings plan and drive subsequent implementation; launch program, analysis and on-going marketing support
- Actively communicate and control retail offers and brand messages in store, internally and to external agencies, ensuring integration across all customer touch points
- Plan and executive seasonal campaigns to raise awareness for key product areas
- Identify and deliver multichannel programme in conjunction with the wider marketing team
- Striking a positive balance of strong creative judgment and continual focus on process improvement, including results analysis of campaigns and store performance
- On going competitor tracking
Experiences and skills required for this role are:
- Degree qualified in a relevant degree; business or marketing
- A driven individual with the ability to work in a fast faced and high pressured environment.
- Ideally looking for someone with a retail background who understands commercial marketing
- Experience is managing external agencies and suppliers and the ability to build relationships
The ideal candidate will have proven success in a consumer marketing role, ideally with experience gained in the retail channel. With the ability to influence at all levels, you will possess strong planning and execution skills which allow you to be both a creative and commercial manager.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK’s leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 10 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are “better placed” (sorry!) to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK’s, and even world’s biggest brands.